Unsure of what happened to my pig

Lisa12

Post   » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:02 pm

Thanks!!
I just wanna be sure when its completely okay.

He has cursty eyes and sneezes, yeah, as i wrote..he had a lot more discharge than now... but he was clearing it so it was harder to see.even now i have him with me most of the time so i can see.. if there is no discharge or he s clearing it off.. We ll report if we ll have any positive news..

We ll have to wait for more accurate culture till moneday..but i ll see how it will be..if he will need vet sooner, we wont wait a minute

rjespicer

Post   » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:37 pm

When I said Pellets I meant food pellets not wooden bedding pellets.

Chunky likes to really root around in the bowl and although they looked fine on top I discovered that there was a lot of dust (from where they rub together and/or get crushed in transit) in the bottom of the bowl which she was sticking her nose right in to. I dont know if it was causing her odd breathing noises (she sounded like she was snuffling like a regular farmyard pig) but after getting rid of it and making a few other changes she stopped making the noise.

Ciaran

Post   » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:18 pm

Sorry to hear about your pigs. It always hurts when you don’t know how to help them feel better.

Lisa12

Post   » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:53 am

Ciaran thank you for your kindness...it sure does..I hope at least now we ll figure something out or Irie Will somewhat somehow be better.

Rjespicer-i clean the bowl every day. He now has versele-laga cavia nature as he doesnt wanna oxbow anymore.

I hope its alright if I wrote this here(i told him already:)): Irie, king of kings, lord of lords, conquering lion of judah happy earthstrong!!! Our everything!! And you even look like a lion so you really are one(sorry, i dont know how to post photos i am so bad at work on computers)..:)) I am so grateful for your three years,... <3

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:52 am

Irie sounds like a strong name. I hope Irie improves!

rjespicer

Post   » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:11 pm

I used to have a few Jamaican friends so that why I made the Irie connection.

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/irie

Lisa12

Post   » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:39 pm

Yeah, man!!!;) Cool that you had jamaican friends.. :):)

So before I go back to vet..he s very experienced and i am not so much of course i had four pigs-so it helps if i know what to ask.. specially cause we re bit in shit, now..

I read doxy is for uri and Azithromycin for pneumonia..

Does doxy cover different baccterias than Bactrim, Azithromycin and Marbocyl? What about Batryl? And Enroxill is not for pigs if I get it-Ringo always got Enroxill and it always helped him(for bladder and prostate problems)..?

Hope vet can come up with something or Irie got better, finally.. One of previous visits i mistakenly asked vet if he s the best in countrey and cant help if i should go abroad and he just gave me the look, i know he s trying to help. but we would like some results, pleasseee..i was just so upset and bit frustrated..i was wrong, but we re both so crazy, me and my pig and pissed off when we re in troubles..i only want best for Irie as the rest of people on this forum for their pigs..:)

rjespicer

Post   » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:16 pm

This link shows what some of the common Antibiotics help with but I am not familiar with Azithromycin and Marbocyl

https://www.guinealynx.info/antibiotics.html

I hope the vet can help. I know what it is like to have sick piggies (all 3 of ours were sick at the same time) so I hope Irie recovers soon.

Lisa12

Post   » Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:38 am

Thanks for the link and good wishes!! I ll do all research about baccterias over the weekend!!

I actually read whole topic about your piggies and respect man, just respect, you re fighter, i am glad they recovered!!!!..I feel the same as you did I swear, when you re losing hope and stuff, how much money and energy people put in their pigs.. amazing, trully amazing. And we have to drive 45 min in one direction to vet!

And if pigs make than you re at least happy. But when Gallimore(yeah jamaican name, too; after Gallimore Sutherland) didnt make it i ve lost great deal of faith in out vet, I aint gonna lie. Altough he said that he didnt foresee it.. I was thinking like, man I didnt sleep at night I did everything to save him, not one time, how many times and i brought it back to him at morning,..than he died in my arms at 8months.. I was so crushed..But we cant go back. I than just decided that I ll enjoy my time with Irie & Ringo(Ziggy is owned by my sister) and finnish having animals. But we re still here. Luckily.

After Irie got issues, I was so..I could barely keep myself together.. But he s sort of stable now..he sneezes but he was worst, he has still discharge, but as I said after azit. it go at least better. HE cries a little when he poops sometimes-he allways pisses at the same time so its hard to say, but you can hear a little sounds in his belly(a little, he cried a lot-I ll ask vet about it anyway, just that we re sure nothing else its involved). As I wrote with benebac it improved a lot. BEside that I have very very sensitive stomach myself and if you dont eat(i usually dont that much) its even worse-it hurt more..so thats why i think Iries belly didnt 100%recovered of antibiotics..it did 80%by now).

And thanks to Lynx too..you guys are the best!! In our countrey you just cant find so much so experienced people so its worse, worse for all..i think I am the first one who knows what benebac is;):)

rjespicer

Post   » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:42 pm

Thanks.

It was a tough time and I had many a sleepless night with no one around to help. Although becoming a Guinea Pig minder a complete surprise to me they are family so you just do what has to be done.

I was heartbroken when we lost Mu Mu and was determined not to let that happen to the other 3. Every morning when I got up and again when I got home from work I was just so relived to still see their 3 little faces peering at me as if to say "What are you getting so stressed about?"

They were (and still are) eating and sleeping better than I was during that time.

My current source of stress is trying to work out who we can get to look after them when we go on vacation.

I hope once Irie is recovered you get a chance to relax a bit.

Just a thought (and I haven't gone back through the whole thread so apologies if you already mentioned this) but are you giving him any Vitamin C in addition to what he gets from his food. In addition to the meds we were giving Nala and Chunky Vitamin C via syringe for about 7-10 days.

Lisa12

Post   » Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:04 pm

Its really tough..for sure. And if you dont have to go through all this you just cant understand.

I am very sorry for Mu Mu...I read about the other three you have...

I hope you ll find someone..I would have come, hehe:), but we re from Slovenia, so..far away. probably..

No, but I have it at home.. I ll get some syringe from vet and start giving him again..thanks..for about 10days you say..ok.

Tough week ahead of us. Hope we ll write here some good news, cause I also have to see vet with Ringo. I am scared already, but such is life. As his vet once said-I said he s causing(health) problems.. Its good he s causing problems and that we can only hope he ll do that for many years ahead:)

rjespicer

Post   » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:07 pm

My Wife and daughter were away for a month when the girls all got ill.
The wife is away again at the moment but my daughter is still here this time and helping a lot.
Ive been to a lot of different countries in Europe but not Slovenia. Closest I got was Austria and Italy.

I just checked and the vet had all 3 of ours on 1ml of Vitamin C once a day for 7 days (not 10) when they were ill. I dont think it would cause any problems if you did 10 days though as they need plenty of Vitamin C

I will keep hoping that between you, the vet and Irie you get through this and Irie starts getting well.

If I think of any other suggestions I will let you know