Unsure of what happened to my pig

Lisa12

Post   » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:02 am

Thank you both..I know for me it sounds like it, too. That why i asked them twice. :(.I ve reed some pigs had that kind of weak musculars or something and even if stones arent the case, i would like to know what it is. And I know he started this after excessive amount of medications last year, but i want to be sure(they gave him bactrim, baytril, azithromcyn and injections-it was too much for him even if with breaks).

No, he is not on pain medication and i dont have any at home(for pigs, you know, just fordogs, but I wont give that to him). As I said what its untypical is he overall is not in pain just when defecating sort of.

We Will figure something out. The problem is our vets are very experienced and i am so how do you say messed up cause of whole thing with Ringo and than this with IRie that last time we were there vet said i am gonna do fluoroscopy and i said does he need anasthesia and he said no.. and i said are you sure..and he just started smiling at me..and he said i would have told you.

But us always got something untypical first this bacteria, than this. Of course i am happy they did not see anything, but how many more times we Will need to check if he just wont stop..eh.

Thanks again..i ll let you know how is it going..now he looks so happy-and i need to calm down and get some sleep and than watch him.. cause otherwise i ll say something crazy at vets again..and...i would like to get this over with

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:38 am

If he has stones, or even if he doesn't but is having painful urination/defecation, something along the lines of Metacam can help provide relief while you sort this out.

Lisa12

Post   » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:20 pm

Thanks very much. I ll have to go to vets to get Metacam anyway. Ive got my previous pig on it for tooth overgrowth after operations i think.

During the day it was Quite alright. But at the very late evening he just cried when he urinated and there were two darker drops again-rosy like. And to be honest-mother say you re complicating things-yes i dont know how to work this out. But something seems off with me in all this. Like really.

If he is for example focused on food or on recall(he is trained dog like-he even does tricks) he doesnt cry but if you let him be he does all the time.

I ll tested him two more times tomorrow-especially if i see darker urine. But Ill ask for x-rays. Soon-i decided.

His vets-god bless them both-but are so stubborn and older than me and its sooo nerve wrecking for me. Theydecide. Okay. But its my pig and i am scared for him and i would like to know for sure if he doesnt have the stone. And if he Will ever need any kind of operation-i hope not-of course i would want them todo it.

You cant come there and said do that, even if we talked about it before, no other vet decided something else. End of discussion. And then i am impolite or what. I do my best to get along with them, but is my Irie that is in question and honestly even with his on going infection-how many times-yeah they helped and all that and i respect them-but i went there up to 15(!)times to sort this out. No its not okay, no its not okay-so they kept coming with new ideas.

I think I ll bring him somwhere else for x-rays, I hate it, but if our vetsdont wanna do it, what can ido..HE is my last pigglet, cause this is impossible i swear. Even if he is coolest, smart, legendary, cute and allabove and looks like lion. I cant do this anymore.

Mum said he is so lively, he is healthy i am telling you-yeah he is. Luckily. But there is a reason he sometimes urinates darker orange/rosy whatever drops and thereis a reason why he is crying when he urinates.

Hope i can figure this out in next few days or lets give me week or few more.i hope it wont be something wrong with IRie during this time. He Will be 4soon and he is not so Young. too-so i am aware there could be more problems when he gets older. Luckily he is urinating a lot so it doesnt seem he cant do it,...cause I think than he would do it less and less than right.

I ll updated.. i am so grateful that i at least..i mean at least we have you all on our side:) It means too a lot to me..

Lisa12

Post   » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:21 pm

If he is for example focused on food or on recall(he is trained dog like-he even does tricks) he doesnt cry but if you let him be he does all the time.-
when he is urinating/defecating

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:16 pm

If stones were found, do you have vets that are skilled surgeons?

Lisa12

Post   » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:32 am

His are both with like 20 years of experience operating stones. They operated few times my previous pigs tooth… very succsfully, he lived with it for two years till the age 6 and few months.

But thats about it. I ve got no one else. I mean elsewhere there are few exotics vet who could do the x-rays, but thats about it:(, so i would have to go back to them anyway if i want the best for pig. I wish I we would be in the USA for Irie, really, Lynx.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:14 pm

Being in the US doesn't guarantee that you have access to highly experienced/capable exotics vets, unless you live in a big city. Where I live, I only have one veterinarian that I regularly use and trust; otherwise, I have to travel more than an hour away to another town for the next closest exotics vet (and even then, the expertise is somewhat limited).

We all do the best we can with the resources and information available to us. Hoping for the best for Irie.

Lisa12

Post   » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:26 pm

Thanks for your kind words!

I ll be testing IRie s urine tomorrow with my mother for blood, again. I ll let you know about results.

I decided I ll take him to some other vet for x-rays next week, cause i just dont see no other option. My sister says to his, but I cant take it anymore, I swear. I dont understand why would somebody-on earth-be so mean-i was tired, i didnt sleep few night cause of Ringo I was just a little bit unfocused and here he goes again..we ll do diascopy or flouroscopy and than he laughs..i dont even know what was so funny. For me it was nothing.

I regret I didnt say to him, no thank you i dont need nothing, than. I really do. If they werent so experienced-i dont take that kind of behaviour from people cause i am politeand kind enough myselfand i cant stand people being mean for their own fun or whatever. I always help others if I can. And yet is pigs life on the line..and mine..not his. HE doesnt care-alright than.

I ll let you know about urine test and x-rays results when we get them:)

I am sorry i was being so naive and tought his vets would do something for us without a problems or me having hard times, karma is whatever my friends..and doctors, right..be mean..oneday you ll get it back..thats why i am not.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:09 pm

Hang in there. And do let us know what you find out with the x-rays.

Lisa12

Post   » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:58 am

He is negative on blood in urine. And he doesnt have infection. I do not belive he would be negative three times in two weeks if it would be something.

X-rays, yeah. Only this is left. My sister said she think he has permanently sensitive belly due to too much antibiotics. Could also be. I think this two options are the most logical, sensitive belly or the stones or else, but i doubt it it is something else/third option. We Will see. And if he has sensitive belly i would like to know that and let him be, regardless what any vet thinks.

Lisa12

Post   » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:23 am

Weare checking other options out.

I have called two..one said he does x-ray under anasthesia(!), but they re willing to try without it ifpig is cooperative, my is very wild specially if i am not around so..itdoesnt sound too promising altough they re verykind. One view (front) would be easier to get it.

The other can do ultrasound at homeifyou pay them(!), but...even if they check out really long they would not see nothing or what??? I dont know if they ever checked pig for the stones, but bladder stones are veryknown with animals and people so they should have known.

i have two more options to check outin a 1h distance(both exotic vets)

Lisa12

Post   » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:08 am

Just for educational purpose-i think that is flouroscopy:

MAybe isenough, but I would be more calm with x-rays, thats why i Will try to get them. I wont bore you with my comments for a while:)Ifwe get additional x-rays and results i ll post ithere. We ll also need stuff for nebulizer in September so i have to go to his vets to get it anyway. I was hoping we Will sort this issue with x-rays so i Will be more calm, but as you know we havent yet, at least not fully. I know everything is showing negative.

I had Quite distressing disucssion with Ringos vet yesterday and i really need a break(wewere talking about his glaucomma,cause it got much worse), so we need to go offline for a while. HE alsohad issues with his back including two new mases that i willsuggest to be tested+ very possible benign mammal tummors. But dealing with all this is so not easy.

At least they both overall feel good and function good. Irie quite better than Ringo but Ringo is somewhat happy functioning with asistence too, he even went on walk yesterday-he doesnt go everyday now.

So if we got anymore results or medicine i ll update. Otherwise we ll have to check what is to be checked. And than if we re lucky enough to sort it out Irie Will be 4 on 31.10 and Ringo 15 on 9.12. We ll celebrate like crazy if we get there..for sure. For now thats goodbye and i wish you all a lot of luck and health..as i wrote if we have some new results or treatment i ll update.