Unsure of what happened to my pig

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:34 pm

If it's soft and squishy and moves around, it's most likely a lipoma, which is not a tumor but an accumulation of fat cells. Nothing has to be done for them unless they grow so large that they interfere with his ability to move, or make him uncomfortable.

If you want to know what one looks like in humans, look for Dr. Pimple Popper's you tubes or instagrams of lipoma removal.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:00 am

Lisa12, if you have a clear, crisp medical picture or two, I would be happy to put it up.

Lisa12

Post   » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:34 am

Thanks, both.

No, it doesnt look like lipoma and it doesnt move around:(.

I ll send you today, than, its hard to describe, so you Will see..

Lisa12

Post   » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:46 am

While waiting on Lynx and on moneday on our vet s answer..
HEre we re sending this to you all and to us:)

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:56 am

Here you go (a crop and resize of the clearest picture - they are all quite similar):

Have you tried softening it with a warm, wet compress? It looks very much on the surface. I wonder if it is some type of wart.

Lisa12

Post   » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:31 pm

Thanks so much for photo and oppinion.

I havent try anything, yet as I just saw it yesterday..

It is on surface, it looks like you can cut it off. I have this thing you can freeze wart with if thats what it is.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:52 pm

One thing I would worry about is if it is cancerous. Typical cancerous skin growths do have irregular boundaries (which this doesn't) but it does have a lot of differentiation of color.

Lisa12

Post   » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:12 am

Tnx for that oppinion, too.. so it snot something typical.

I ll send photo to our vet and see what he Will have to say.. I wouldnt like to operate Irie cause of on going infection altough vet said that its briliant his weight is not droping and the pig looks good(he checked him one and two months ago,but he didnt have this, than)..its either going a bit up or its stays the same,..however what needs to be done Will be done..They know IRie s situation very well at vets. I ll let you know what he Will say.

it does look like wart to my mum as well, but me and my sister are not completely sure..sister said it looks like some sort of acne. I am a little worried its not filled with pus ..i cant say what it is..really.

After all Ringos walking issues and swiming in problems daily. I decided we ll have to be brave and go for best results. No more panic.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:12 am

Did you try a warm compress on it? It is hard, or does it feel soft and squishy like bpatters mentioned?

Lisa12

Post   » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:48 am

Not yet still..I Will.

I touched it very carefully..i dont wanna over-check thoose kind of things cause you never know what it is and i am not vet.

It looks kind of like bubble..or whatever or like its filled with something as you can see. If you touch it its not squishy its kind of not soft..if you know what i mean, it feels like a wart and warts are not soft.. i dont like this black /brown spots as there are Quite few of them..we have to check it with light directly at it, if its brown orblack..

On warts there can be black spots but there are many, hm.. Ringo also has this kind of pigmentation as he is black and white(border collie), Irie is four colour:). So itcould be sth dangerous(Cancerous) or pigmentation. We Will see what vet has to say. I think its good enough we can contact him via mail and dont have to go there all the time
And dont worry i am going there I was there 6 times this year for inhalations AB+twice with Irie for X-ray and flouroscopy)..and how many times i am calling and going to Ringo s vets cause he cant really walk like he should without pain if he is not on Rheumocam I dont even count anymore.

But you know either pills+normal quality old age life.. or you know i wont even write it.. we choose first like lions so we have to get help from vets and be positive.:) Rheumocam is bad for kidneys, but if he wont be able to run and walk without it. He Will have to stay on it all the time, cause its only fair to him…He is way to old for back surgery.. his breeder is just saying god bless you for fighting like bosses..vet said thoose decissions at that age are rare, but we ll help you, just call and we re calling..:)

On brighter note.. Irie&I owe you trick video(I have fewtricks recorded already we ll do some more and post it on YouTube for his 4 birthday if we get there). I said when he Will recover.. But we won when we met and recovery is not winning-we won when I get him as far as I am concerned. Now everyday is a gift.

Sorry for long post..we are having all thoose vet issues Quite a lot of times:) As Ringo s vet says be happy you have your legend still. They re my legends..they re:) I even work at home for them, only.

Lisa12

Post   » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:01 pm

Regarding Irie s skin thing and yeah..he said its skin formation. HE didnt say its a wart.

Our vet answered mail straight away:). He said to check out if this is going under skin as well(if i am not mistaken that can be cancerous sign)or if it Will grow or change..than to bring Irie in for check. Otherwise we would watch it and to measure it as well.

OF course we re gonna do it like he said.

What do you say if I also send this(i have some crazy ideas, always, cause thats just so me) to human dermatlogist and like wrote (you ve got free online check for cancerous signs or something) its human and its in the hair? :p;)

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:22 pm

I'd just keep your vet posted on any changes to it, as he suggested. I'll be interested to hear an update.