We seem to be finally doing a little bit better..but i dont wanna say or write much, cause battle is so long...
Anyway, if any vet is here, people on agility(not an vet experts)told me back than that once dog get over bordetella he is immune for life..is that true if any vet is here, so pig is imune, too? Or this is just not true?
I asked his vet, but she said she s not sure and the one who is the boss and very experienced was not there..if i ever saw him again i ll sure ask him..but, now..if anybody of you know i am really curious and hope it is true
But doesnt that mean its like being vaccinated, cause its not in accute state??(with Ringo it was 14 days), if Irie can get over this state(thats what vet didnt wanna promise; but his friend did already, when he tought bacteria is different, so) that would be phenomenal. I belive in him, i have, too..
we re in crisis again...Irie is sneezing Quite a lot and he is not very active(I think antibiotic is the reason). After 21 days of Marbofloxacin results arent as they should be. To be completely honest, I didnt expect them to be and I wanted another antibiotic. I am no vet. But I want my pighealthy.
What would you do if he was your pig, please? Another vet, despite the fact that ours are *the best*? I dont know what to think of them, anymore:(
Do you think I should even start with Marbofloxacin nebulizer if it doesnt really help? Vet think wait till it Will help, cause its on anagram it should or whatever.
I was planing on switching to Doxy on Moneday(to rest his belly) and starting nebulizer tomorrow(the problem is cause no antibiotic didnt help him, but it sort of should, but what I am I suppose to do for vet to be happy lay down and wait till its all over-i dont get the waiting thing with them-never did and never Will).
On the other side I have Ringo vet he would do everything for us all three..I ll call him 100%, Ringo s only one alive in his litter still his breeder was so happy thanking me for taking care of him the way I do, but I need positive people around me, experienced to do such a thing with Irie, too..
Anyway..This other vet said he can give me Doxy, but it ll cost me some more as Irie is not his patient(so what). So, as he is exotic vet, too.. I ll ask him, if he can use doxy and nebulizer(marbocyl) at the same time and this is it..
I hope you ll help me with correct dossages..and how do you use tablets..do you mix it with water yourself?
Help is more than needed!
- And got the T-shirt
If all these antibiotics haven't helped him, the problem may not be bacterial at all. Fungi and viruses can also cause those symptoms, and neither would respond to antibiotics.
I'd want nebulized gentamycin with a steroid added in to see if that would help. If it doesn't, I'd give up on antibiotics as being anything useful.
Bacteria was found. So it is present-and it doesnt respond on antibiotics, not even under skin injections.. Virus is also present, they think(all vets think so-all i asked..)
I dont wish it upon anyone. Thats all i am gonna write.. I dont..bordetella- even name is like a snake..:(
He stood up and is asking for food.. I ll try doxy, too..as its only left to try.
But I take serious your advices..gentamycin.. I taught to try Doxy(I ll get it tomorrow from another vet and call ours if its okay to take it together, lol, i am so messed up i know) cause its on anagram that should react.. as is marbofloxacin..
So, that i wont write to much.. gentamycin..no, not yet..but anyway.. does gentamycin reacts on bordetella-? Cause otherwise, where is the point?
First nebulizing treatment went very succesfully he was little scared. Actually I checked if it Works and got this awfull smel directly in my face:S:p...but .. we made through it.. I am glad i have this at home:) But it need to work also
Thanks both...its the hardest time since i have animals(16 years). For sure.
Our vets give you what they choose not what you-i hate that, really. I do, so much. Than you said can we have that and they look at you like you fell from the moon.. And that is awful cause he s my Irie, hes not theirs..its me who cry not them,so..hm.. they re great, but hard for communication.
http://www.vetfolio.com/infectious-disease/bordetella-infect ... d-prevention
Hope we ll get some new medications tomorrow..:) Thanks for giving me hope, i appriciate that, i cant write how much..cause I ve been literally crying a lot during this..i just couldnt.. but not in front of him..cause I only want for Irie to feel positive energy.
Sorry, one more.. do you think i should even get doxycyline than..i dont wanna give him something that its maybe not helpful..
We are still fighting which is good..i wont tell you how hard it is.. cause this wont do no good.
Irie is using marbofloxacin nebuliser for a week..i dont see that much diference to be honest.. And he took it 21 days oral also. Maybe virus present is too strong or baccteria is so resistant. I am very upset, but try to look for other options.
Is that normal that when he s coming out of comora you can immidatly see discharge..mum said he s *cleaning* or whatever and that is normal, is that true? Or is not working?
I have doxycyline at home. It was given to not by our main vet, but by someother vet who is for exotic pets also, but i dont know him that much. His comment on Iries situation was sadly nothing new at all.. he thinks that baccteria doesnt hit his nose but elsewhere in the body(oh well, guessing).
Doxycyline is not in liquid but in pills(Rosacea) Is that alright or is not?
I am probably going to call his vet tomorrow..he s kind of lazy..which is worring me..he eats enough..his belly hurts him, so maybe that is the reason, i dont know..
I can be worried as much as I want to, but its such a fact that without even taking blood is imposible to say how somebody is and how the ilness is and that with pigs its very distressing. For me at last. We Will completely isolate him from Ringo&Ziggy-tomorrow. HE ll go in to smaller cage he was in before..i completely spray it with Spitaderm and it Will stay so overnight than i Will wipe it all of(SPitaderm is even destroying HIV, so..bordetella goodye)..i hope he wont be bored but he Will be in his own -we ll try sterilised room. Cause this aint funny anymore.
If you can tell me nebulizer question and if Rosacea pills are alright i Will be grateful as always..
And that gives me a hope of we can try other medicines if this one wont work out..
Btw..i ask some vet on third oppinion and can you belive it what she wrote:
that bordetella is present in gunnea pigs lungs already(our vet said is usually present in rabbits, and not in pigs!)
She also said kennel cough is caused in dogs by virus and can only infect other dogs..and than you look in wikipedia:
B. bronchiseptica causes several diseases in other mammals, including kennel cough and atrophic rhinitis in dogs and pigs, respectively
so baccteria causes a virus!!who give her vet licence.. i am shocked, honestly. And our vet said that is not good that Ringo and Irie sleep in the same room at all. And no Irie doesnt have kennel cough, but he s infected with bacteria..so..eh..can you belive it?
- And got the T-shirt
I also doubt that it's atrophic rhinitis. In people, at least, it causes a very strong odor, and frequently has a green discharge. It's also usually found in older people, as by definition it is the shrinking of the nasal mucosa and underlying bone. It's not apt to happen to a young person or animal.
I spoke to his vet on moneday ...she said his sample is sensitive on doxy-so its on anagram that bacteria must react..so I can try it and lets hope this one clears it. So.. I have tablets as I wrote she said its alright for gunnea pigs its called Ronaxan. (dossage is 5mg twice daily.). She was concerned cause Irie is so sensitive on antibiotic..but he s a bit worse again..lazy, eats a little less..so there aint much choice.
Problem with Irie is diharrea on antibiotics..or that he cant poop. HE havent been on doxycycline yet. I Will give him benebac and critical care(cause this kind of speed of his belly or how can i wrote)
Do you think its ok if he takes 10mg once a day?
He poops easier if he took antibiotics in one dossage.. it would be same daily dossage just you know at once not at evening and morning..
As for gentamicin nebulizer we Will try it if needed for sure...thanks for that advice too.. Best regards, T&I