Unsure of what happened to my pig

Lisa12

Post   » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:54 am

I know, its too long..Thanks!

Yeah, I Will.. i Will write measurment at the end of the treatment here.

We Will also try warm compress again.. my sister said we could try bit more agressive..altough as I said..the structure its Quite tough..at least on the outside. Thats why I sort of agree with Lynx, its not sebacious.

If we dont see any improvment in 14 days of CBD application we ll have to try something else. I Will probably go to his vets again if they are willing to explain what was really going on, but I dont expect nothing, you ve got to learn to expect nothing, right..

I Will keep you posted..Will consider us very lucky if it Will be any change:) and as always we wish the best for all the pigs from other topics..

Lisa12

Post   » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:13 pm

Here I am complaining over something not so difficult to resolve. Now we re in crisis. Like really.

Yesterday morning i notice IRie hadnt pooped over night. I dont know why. He was pooping or how do you say normally. He wasnt eating pellets all that much he started and stopped again for unkown reason..cause he can chew normally, front tooth also doesnt look damaged.

I was terrified. Cause that was 10hours..so I gave him some vegetables and he looked sort of happy-but that was a mistake. I think he s bloated cause he ate too much vegetables, really. :( but even know he is so very interested in vegetables-i remove it..it cannot be like this.

I force fed him 15-18 and he finally hardly pooped a little. Soft of course, but he did. We still didnt get benebac. That was on sunday. Now the time is 4.00a.m. moneday in the morning here.. I force fed him again 20-22 and he pooped a little again..after CC.

Now I got up at 3.00 a.m. so it wont be something wrong or hw wouldnt die or something:,(. He looks more bloated. He eats a bit of ha but not all that enthusiastically.
We re in crisis..caus ehe hates to be force fed and he doesnt wanna eat CC on his own.
Can I add carrot or not?

The thing is I work at home(so I can visit vet whenever i only need my sister or mother here cause ofRingo who cannot be alone) and i had to sleep a little cause i am damaged..so in 3hours i plan to force fed him and get him to poop again..we couldnt do it now..but i hope he Will poop later on his own..

We ll visit vet.. i dont know when but i ll really try tomorrow. Meanwhile I can get some Reglan from Ringos vet. But he is on gentamicyn inhalations..can he use Metoklopramid (Reglan) while he is on Gentamicyn? And we only have this big injections at home. Just horrible.

If anyone is on the forum, please help us:(.
I said no more vet visits this year, please.. like really..i planned to sort this with skin formation when i Will calm down.. and go back and be more focused but here we go..
From our topic you sure can learn what too much complaining can get you too..it can always be worse.:(

Lisa12

Post   » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:28 pm

if he can poop a little there cant be a blockage, right?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:41 pm

Reglan can be taken orally. Bloat, his abdomen would be distended and hard. He would be in extreme pain. I believe if he can poop, there would not be a blockage.

Lisa12

Post   » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:50 pm

Thanks, Lynx.. what we would do without you..nothing:).

His poops were soft and too little..i hope its okay if i force fed him on 3hours-he is eating hay on his own, i removed veggies cause i am scared it can get worse...his abdomen its not hard but sort of baloon like a little. We ll need vet if we cant get it together in two hours on our own in the morning.

HE s wild boy he is jumping around and rolling his head everywhere and stuff..so I go Irie still..please..and than we somehow manage to get at least some pellets in his mouth.

Lisa12

Post   » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:44 am

He s pooping normal, now.:)Luckily..Our BEnebac just left US.
Sleepless night and CC seemed to work.
His weight is 840.. it varies between 780 and 850 so thats alright(he is 4y.o. adult) and as you can saw he is small for male.

I dont get I dont wanna no pellet thing but we ll go to vet or we ll ask him about all that stuff on our next visit whenever.

When I got up I was prepared to take him in(to vets) i put him on the floor and than he ran and started pooping normally.

Its crazy having pigs sometimes, but no easy way to be free or how they say. We re starting CBD today.
And meanwhile in border collie land of craziness Ringo is turning 15 next moneday.
And I dont know my name today aswe didnt sleep. Irie is sleeping just now.:)

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:10 am

It does sound like this was related to eating too many veggies. I'm relieved to hear he is pooping normally again. If it should happen again, you can do stomach massage to help stimulate gut movement. Pushing CC, once you knew he was still pooping, was probably the most helpful thing. With mild cases of bloat, they will stop eating and that results in a vicious cycle. Next vet visit, you might ask if you can get an oral suspension of Reglan (Metoclopramide) to have on-hand just in case. Many pigs who experience bloating will be prone to it again in the future.

Best to you both.

Lisa12

Post   » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:59 am

We need Reglan and Benebac and extra injection! I have one we dossage Gentamicyn with but I didnt wanna clean it cause pigs cant consume it, so we took one large, new and clean.
We should never run out of it at all again..
Its not the first time, you re right….he is extra sensitive in the belly, vet said he is unusually sensitive even for pig..well he is very strong character, never mind he has some psyhical weaknesses. He is runing around as he pooped a lot..we re very happy:)!
The thing about hyperactive animals is you quickly see something is off.. cause Irie never rest half of a day..he s always up and fooling around.
Like Ringo always coming after me..but at 15 and blind it getting a bit too much cause i have to constantly be careful so he would not crash into something..:)

Lisa12

Post   » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:17 am

warning ******* very graphic content************* or how do they say:)
In educational purpose

See, there is absolutely no way me and my sister do it like that at home..damn..if its that even. And what if its not..
I think i mean..my grandma was nurse..but not a surgeon of course..and we knows some vets, doctors and what not..but this just not look so simply.
Cause some of thoose glands and cysts and whatever are so *closed*if you know what I mean. ..we ll try again. But we both said okay,...once more, only. Than if we cant open it, we cant.

We re learning to stay..its really funny..altough in that case i dont think that would be enough for the operation you know, he looks so cool cause he is so wild and than he just stays still at the moment he gets reward he started running and chewing on bars:).
I think its useless if i cant hold Irie.. which i very much doubt.
And we re on 4th day of 14 days cbd treatment.. we ll do more if there Will be any changes.. if not we ll probably stop it.

We ll let you know about results on results on 16.12.
And i still think this is benign tumor or as Ringos vets declared skin tumor that is most likely benign.

Lisa12

Post   » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:35 am

16.9. 2019- 0,25x 0, 45 cm
29.11.2019 0,35 x 0,55 cm
10.12.2019 0,30 x 0,6(i think in height was little bigger last time, cause the vet poked into it with needle. But in lenght its obviously it keeps on growing).

I think if its sebacious gland or benign tumor or even malign tumor(which is luckly very less likely, but even on firstderm they said you cant tell exact diagnosis from photo). I dont like the fact its growing, thats really lame
CBD treatment didnt do nothing. We ll do another week and than stop.

We ll aproach Ringo s vet what she thinks of biopsy without anasthetics.

We ll try to squueze it or open it to see whats inside, but if its not sebacious or we dont succed we ll need to take him to vet, cause we cant risk infection.

Than we have Iries vets for another try..but thats just my imagination they Will agree.

Otherwise, he is fatand happy:)! He s eating very little pellets but its getting fatter on hay, vegetables and oats..so..thats okay ;).

And Ringo made it to 15..:)!!!! Which made him one of very very few border collies i think less than five in Slovenia to live to that age..and we have sooo many border collies. Once again he gave me so much positivity and determination..yes, we can!

Lisa12

Post   » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:37 am

And if there aint no other option..i think we ll choose surgery by the end of January..

Lisa12

Post   » Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:09 am

Just to add Irie is 4 and 2months years old(his date of birth is 31.10.2015)

And feel very free all opinions and advices much appriciated. This doesnt seem some urgent situation so we took time to think about all the possibilities and we ll be thinking about it for a while more so we chose the best option:)