Unsure of what happened to my pig


Post   » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:55 pm

No, Lynx if i ve learned anything from you its to be extreamly careful with pigs.

I tried everything, but as I said comunications does go two ways. And if vet cant tell me if he Will operate somebody in noon or morning(and in the afternoon they dont have anybody to even look for animals..some students do check, but they re alone 23.00 p.m. to 7.00a.m.)-I was willing cause he is obviously very skilled to let go of everything, but I cant put somebody in danger just for the sake of it. And that animals are alone so long it is irresposible for me-maybe dogs and cats can be, but no I wouldnt let Ringo alone at vets, just no. If pig wouldnt have such a problems i wouldnt say a thing and i politely explained he had severe bloating episodes and he would die without forcfeeding, benebac and skilled vet who helped us.

I didnt rule out surgery..here schools and everything are closing cause of coronavirus, people are in shock and panic nobody died yet but we have 100people affected-here are 2M only in Slovenia.., so i think we ll have wait a little bit.
But I ll try find someone else, yes. Whos experienced, kind to pigs, skilled and willing to give them away on the same day.

Even if me and Irie are wild, we are also greateful to vets and everybody who was willing to help. We have nothing against anybody and I respect someones knowledge.

We Will let you know if we ll have something new to write..even if in two months.

I dont belive we can leave it if it Will keep on growing-certainly not. I am sure we ll find some good option anyway, it seems it was just not meant to be there-even when the this brilliant vet left them ..i knew that would be trouble..didnt expect it so much, sadly.

If vet wanted he knows us well enough he could have said he can operate Irie in the morning...easily. But if he doesnt care..i am not even sad,
we re not, we re staying positive. You cant force people to help you.

We Will keep you posted when the news are coming!


Post   » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:31 am

Little news from us..

We re meeting new vet in the begining of May,if it all goes well. He is like half an hour away from us and experienced with exotics!
I dont know what kind of medicine and anesthesia he uses yet-we llfind out, but he has some really positive references and reviews.
We ll need little help from above to sort it all out. ..

We had no plans in changing vet, cause we were really happy with vet Irie had he was everything-skilled, kind to pigs, focused, calm, experienced, but he left the clinic he worked at and he still doesnt have any contact..so he also left us, too in the cold or in the dark or how do you say, haha:).

We were kind of upset and angry-Irie is always jumping in the air and his hair are flying everywhere when he is completely pissed off and i do it too-so it looks so cool, but we have to move on, now and choose availible option. Right.Even with this on going-growing skin formation.

We reover half of this covid-19 epidemic and schools and ordinary stores(with clothes etc. are still closed), but we re in mountain country side and its much much easier for us as for people in the city. We wish you all the best.

I hope more news Will come. Irie is fat with nose discharge, but otherwise lively and happy. Ringo is stable which is brilliant. And Ziggy is Young and naughty-our kittEn.

As John Lennon said Power To the People. And animals if i can add. <3

"Lift up yourselves, men, take yourselves out of the mire and hitch your hopes
to the very stars themselves. Let no man pull you down, let no man destroy your ambition,
because man is but your companion, your equal" - Marcus Garvey


Post   » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:37 am

I mean he aint really fat he is 900g, but fat enough for pig to look the way he should;)!

User avatar

Post   » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:04 pm

By the way, did you find out what clinic the vet you liked moved to?


Post   » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:27 pm

No, Lynx, I did not. Sadly.

But I ve been searching all over and the only information you can find on Google is he registered as sole proprietor vet, but he only has adress and doesnt have even contact number ormail-i had his mail from previous job, only. In fact I was so disapointed as i couldnt sort it out with this other vet who still Works there that my sister called informations and they have all existing phone numbers there, but not his.

i dont know what he is doing if he is something if i knew he Will i would have waited, but we re waiting for 7months already(he sent me back mail on september when he was still at previous clinic, he is registered on his own for Quite some time) MY sister said wait, but what if he doesnt open he cant help us... and how can i know he will. And formation is 1cm long now..

I Will check out and visit the other with Irie(new one) and wrote to you what he Will say about anesthesia, ok, so i hope you Will tell me if all its okay there…:) And if he can return pig on same day, its ok, cause he already operated skin tumors on belly sucessfully, so..that would be great, too.

Everything that i have to go through with my pigs and now, this with vets..eh:).


Post   » Thu May 28, 2020 11:34 pm

We ll have little update till middle June..

This time we try to do everything the way it should be:).

Lynx and others so you have all operated pigs in dogs clinic with speclialist for exotics, right?:).
And you all got pigs back on the same day?

That we wont complicate over something normal...cause with this formation it was so many things *itsnotmeanttobe*, that we re just filling positive attitude, vibes into the fact that we finally sort out this. (However it is 1,2x0,6 now and the beggining was 0,45x0,25 so we re unhappy towards it).

User avatar
Supporter in 2019

Post   » Fri May 29, 2020 12:26 am

I hope everyone there is okay. Did you have a chance to see the new vet the beginning of May?


Post   » Fri May 29, 2020 12:40 am

Thank you..not yet..but now we no longer have epidemic, so..now, its possible.:) Hoperfully next week.

To be honest I try to ask his old vet (the other one)one more time, but some assistant were so rude.. i wont even..it doesnt matter, cause I dont care, I didnt even expect nothing. Its kind of interesting assistant can even speak in doctors name and doesnt give a new date and said that it doesnt matter if pig had so many problems as we have, thats pro, of course. I am stunned. :). But I do not wish bad on people, just get out of my way, than.
And I know who was willing to help and who declined and Irie is still alive cause the one vet who helped us was also present that now is not.

But, anyway..positive vibrations and hope we can get new operation date with new vet around 10.6! Thats the plan..

User avatar
Supporter in 2019

Post   » Fri May 29, 2020 12:53 am

Good luck and I hope it works out with a new vet that will help you.


Post   » Fri May 29, 2020 2:08 am

Thank you so much we appriciate it!

And I even rescheduled my two school exams, i have only two left and diploma and i planned to finnish till the end of June, but due to vets complication and corona closing I seem to have one on 1.7 and one in autm. Irie is more important. We ll do our best, we promise:)!

User avatar
Supporter in 2019

Post   » Fri May 29, 2020 6:54 am

Fingers crossed that all goes well.


Post   » Fri May 29, 2020 7:06 am

Thanks, Sef as always:)!!!

And let me tell you if we make it through 2020 i am gonna do guinea lynx donation in the USA in the begining of 2021, cause Irie is turning 5 in october if he Will come to that.

I never do that, but you were always by our side, even when things didnt go well and I said also with Ringos gazillion of problems its been everything but easy for me..even now its not..but I Will update if we get a operation date next week. This is all we are about, anyway, and you cant break that no vet assistant or vet or disease or anything..:

Post Reply
432 posts