Guinea Pig Dandruff- Help Please!

O2sc16

Post   » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:01 am

Ah, sorry! the rubber isnt for moisture wicking, from my understanding the chenille fabric is the moisture wicking part then the mat itself has a layer of something absorbant inside. The rubber bottom is simply to protect whatever it is placed on. As many people use coroplast in a C&C cage for example, this would eliminate the need for that from a protection of furniture point of view. I wont be using it in place of my cloroplast but it does mean I can lift the bath mat out after 2 days, shake off the hay, poops etc and throw it straight into the wash and the fleece underneath will be entirely dry and essentially 'new'.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:45 am

That would be a great solution if it truly stays dry. I'm trying to picture how hay and poops get swept off it without fraying/messing up the fibers, but maybe I'm not understanding the construction of the mat correctly.

Brist1cm

Post   » Tue May 05, 2020 2:18 pm

Hello,

One of my pigs is experiencing discomfort and I think it could be something up her nose. What was the result of metacam/loxicom for your boys nose? I'm not quite sure what can be done for a foreign body up their noses an your post seems to be the only one!