How to bandage a wiggly piggy?

MorganM

Post   » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:42 pm

Yep and looking better each day.

Wish I had a pic of it at its worst...it was bad. So swolen and purple with a nasty ulcer.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:45 pm

Very good. Continue to monitor it, of course. Bumblefoot can sometimes be difficult to fully clear up without oral antibiotics.

MorganM

Post   » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:06 am

He's enjoyed his first full day and night without a bandage!

Thanks everyone for all the help... it's been a long couple of months doing this every single day.

MorganM

Post   » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:22 pm

One last note on this.

Not all piggies are content to just chill in it. You may need to use clothes pins to sinch up the top and keep them snug.

Bacon, the baby bore who had the bumblefoot, was content to just hang out. Pugsy, our other fluffy bear, is a wiggle monster! I put him in to clip his nails and he could pull his legs out and would try to escape.

So if you use one of these do NOT leave them unattended. Be sure to keep them secure. We haven't had any accidents but I could see how it could happen.

Other than that its been great! Pugsy is fine once he's snugged up. Much better clipping him this way.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:32 pm

Good info! Thanks again for sharing your experience with this handy little device.

MorganM

Post   » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:58 am

Bacon's paw did flare up a little this summer. We caught it right away, went back on his daily regiment and after a week it cleared right up. Since then it's back to normal! Looks way better than even the first time it healed up. I mean ALL swelling is gone, no scab or even a 'red dot'! He's a lucky old pig...

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:58 pm

Glad you were on top of this. I think being able to recognize and issue and treat it right away makes a big difference.