Bladder / urinary infection

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:06 pm

It does sound like something is causing pain. It's entirely possible that there is another stone; with her kidney values elevated, it makes me wonder if she might have a stone(s) in one or both ureters. From my experience with Zachary, it can greatly impact kidney function and cause the guinea pig to go downhill very quickly. Fluids help flush toxins out of the system. Do you have any Tramadol?

Ibepatience
Supporter in '13

Post   » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:50 pm

Sef, I’m still not convinced she doesn’t have gas. Her stomach up near her rib area is tight and when I massage and vibrate her I can hear bubbling noises. I sat her on a vibrating chair and massaged her for an hour an she didn’t poop at all. She peed once. Her weight is up, but that could be from the fluids still.

How can I tell if it’s gas?

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:12 am

It would have been helpful if they had done an x-ray to see what's going on either in her stomach or bladder or both. Lack of poops could just be because she's not eating enough right now to produce much right now, but it's concerning. Did she poop at all last night? Does her abdomen look distended?

Ibepatience
Supporter in '13

Post   » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:45 am

Faith didn’t make it. I suspected she wasn’t going to make it through the night. I gave her some extra Metacam before I went to bed to try to make her as comfortable as I could. She groomed herself and went into her little house. I have a camera set up in front of her cage and she got up a few times in the night to eat and drink, the last time was 2:30 then she went back in her house and I found her this morning.

I just don’t understand what happened. Saturday she was doing so good I put her in with her cagemates for a while to visit and I caught this cute photo of them all. Faith was standing up eating hay and Charlie and Charity were lounging together.
https://photos.app.goo.www.guinealynx.info/

This experience has hit me hard. It’s been an exhausting month and a half, mentally and physically.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:38 pm

Oh no, I'm so very sorry, Ibepatience. I thought it sounded pretty grave when you posted earlier, but had hoped she might recover. Had anything at all changed with her diet or medications?

Again, I'm just so sorry. I checked the board first thing this morning for an update, and just saw this during my lunch hour from work.

Take care of yourself.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:12 pm

Oh I am sorry! Maybe warm up the Critical Care a bit and see how you go. For massaging I use a toothbrush and cradle Joy in my arms. It might help.

Dr Vella suggested when Jan had loads of wind to give Zantac Syrup twice a day 0.2mls. You could also try Metomide to help. Joy gets 1/10 of a tablet once a day. Really hoping Faith picks up! hugs to you both!

Catie Cavy
Supporter 2011-2020

Post   » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:47 pm

I'm so sorry. I was hoping she would pull through. I know how much you love and care for your guinea pigs. You've both been through a lot.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:00 pm

I am so sorry you lost her, Ibepatience. I was worried after your last update. You have our sympathy.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:56 am

I am so sorry you lost her. She knew you loved her and she you. She went happy and loved! RIP little Faith, run free in perfect health and popcorn in happiness. Sending big hugs.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:16 pm

My condolences - I am so sorry about Faith. She was so lucky to have the care and comfort you provided. Take care of yourself.