Spencer's Abscess

RyanMarie24

Post   » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:26 pm

I still feel the lump the vet says is indurated tissue. How long will that take to go away? I'm paranoid mom and want to make sure it's not the abscess again. I'm assuming if it was the abscess it would be getting bigger?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:05 am

I had to look that up:

"Medical Definition of induration. 1 : an increase in the fibrous elements in tissue commonly associated with inflammation and marked by loss of elasticity and pliability : sclerosis. 2 : a hardened mass or formation."

Induration | Definition of Induration by Merriam-Webster
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/induration

I guess (unless it is examined surgically) only time will tell if this is what it is and it will otherwise heal.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:26 am

I have a lump in my upper lip that I got from a fall, and it's been there 10 months. It is getting gradually smaller -- started out the size of a pea and now I can barely feel it.

RyanMarie24

Post   » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:16 pm

Thank you! It's been there since his first surgery on 06/13 so im assuming that's what it is. I'm being paranoid mom lol. Just don't want him needing a third surgery...stressful for both of us. I'm just glad I have insurance on him to get reimbursed because both surgeries were not cheap lol. But I will pay any amount to have my baby feeling better.

RyanMarie24

Post   » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:18 pm

Sorry his first surgery was 06/06.

RyanMarie24

Post   » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:40 pm

Culture came back completely negative. The drain is removed. The vet pulled out the rest of the abscess that had died from the silver nitrate. Now we wait for the tissue swelling to subside. His next follow up is Sat.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:32 pm

Good to hear!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:06 pm

Yes, good news!

RyanMarie24

Post   » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:53 pm

Is it OK that when I clean the hole it bleeds a little? Like i clean it with a wet qtip first. Theres a lil blood. Then I flush it. I figured yes since its an open wound, but I just want to be sure.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:58 pm

It should start healing before long. You are using warm sterile saline to flush it? Why are you using a wet qtip? Only issue I see is possible re injury when you put it in the wound.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:44 pm

I wouldn't use the q-tip. Flushing should take care of it.

RyanMarie24

Post   » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:33 pm

Using a wet qtip to moisten the edges so i can flush it. Also wet the qtip when I pack the silvadene cream in the hole..don't want put a dry qtip into the hole.