Spencer's Abscess

RyanMarie24

Post   » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:12 am

Me too. Day 2 of the Intrafungol. So far all good. I'm honestly surprised Spencer didn't catch it from Benson since he's Immuno-compromised.

daj

Post   » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:02 pm

I've used Intrafungol for ringworm. It knocked it right out, and I didn't see any side effects. Another time I treated it with topical over the counter stuff and it was a real battle that lingered. First 2 of mine got it. Months later the 3rd got, but then I changed to fleece and C&C.

RyanMarie24

Post   » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:03 pm

Woke up to Spencer having a spot of ringworm on his ear 😫😫. I was hoping he wouldn't get it. They've been on intrafungol for a week so hopefully it clears quickly.

RyanMarie24

Post   » Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:06 am

Just wanted to give an update. Spencer is continuing doing well. He and his brothers saw Santa this past weekend 😊

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:33 am

Thanks for the update, and hooray for Santa! I'm sure they all asked Santa for more fresh veggies and free run of the house!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:39 am

That is good news! Glad to hear Spencer is doing well.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:21 am

Very good news indeed!

RyanMarie24

Post   » Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:50 am

I was feeling his chin because he didn't have much oozing out of the little hole. I usually have to clean a lot off. So I was looking to make sure the little hole was still open...pressing gently and some watery pus came out. It's always been thick so this is odd. Is this something I should call the vet about or just keep an eye on? Wondering if it was different because I've been using warm compresses on it the past few days? I know he's always gonna have the infection and im grateful that little hole never closed so it can drain and not abscess again...but I'm paranoid mom when it comes to him.
Last edited by RyanMarie24 on Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:52 am

Personally, I would give the vet a call, just to be on the safe side.

RyanMarie24

Post   » Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:06 am

I sent him an email as he's always in surgery all morning and will get back to me in the afternoon. It didn't bother him. Still eating and running around as we speak. He's still a chunky boy too lol

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:58 am

It's probably okay, but with the holidays coming up, I would feel better (if it were me) to make doubly sure.

RyanMarie24

Post   » Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:18 pm

Me too! And you know I'm paranoid mom when it comes to Spencer lol.

I'll unfortunately be at the vets office New Years Eve to put their canine sister to sleep ☹. She's 13 and the cancer has become too aggressive for her to fight ☹