Scratch-corner of guinea pig’s eye

MrMufflesMama1_

Post   » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:21 pm

My piggy, Mr Muffles, has scratched the very corner of his eye. He didn’t scratch his actual eyeball, just the corner of his eye. It’s 10PM July 3rd (we’re in the USA so July 4th is a national holiday, which means our vet is closed), and I’m worried. I’ve never had to deal with an injury like this before, it does not seem to be bothering him. I clipped his nails yesterday & didn’t realize one of his back nails on the same side of his body was a bit sharp, I’ve just gently filed & trimmed it so it’s no longer sharp. I just wasn’t sure if the white fluid that comes out of his eye that he grooms himself with could cause issues or if just the act of grooming could hurt him. Not sure if the link to the pic worked (sorry I just joined & I have no idea how to post a pic). Any help is appreciated https://share.icloud.com/photos/0wpVqQT ... ZqGuQ#Home

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:28 pm

I'd just keep a close eye on it. If it seems worse tomorrow, you could see a vet on Friday for some ophthalmic ointment.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:50 pm

Here is a crop of your picture:

Ditto bpatters.

MrMufflesMama1_

Post   » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:26 pm

Thank you all so much for your replies! I’ve never dealt with an eye injury before so I really appreciate the input! 👍🏻😁💙

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:36 pm

How does the eye seem today?