Question about mites and shrieking

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:50 pm

More than one thing can be going on. Is there redness in the eye?

Read over www.guinealynx.info/eyes.html too.

Mercy210

Post   » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:43 pm

Hi Lynx,

Yes, she has some redness and its watery and some slight crusting in the corner. I still will be using the ivermectin that I have just received but do you think it's a good idea to give it to her tonight before the vet?

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:48 pm

Sounds like it could be a hay poke. I'd go ahead with treating for mites if you're still seeing intense itching/scratching/biting her back.

Mercy210

Post   » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:56 pm

Hello Sef,

I thought the same. I don't think there is any home treatments for that since I can't find it to take it out so that's why I just decided the vet.

I do have a question about the ivermectin. So comparing the one on the guinea lynx resource I didn't get the ivomec brand. I purchased the one that's is in a dark bottle and says agri-mectin (ivermectin) 1% sterile solution 50 mL so the dosage would be different. That one is still okay, right?

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:03 pm

Yes, but that one will need a syringe with needle to draw it up as it has a top like a bottle of insulin. Dose will be even smaller because it's a higher concentration of Ivermectin. The dosing page can be found here:
https://www.guinealynx.info/topical_ivermectin.html

Mercy210

Post   » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:12 pm

Okay great thank you. Luckily I have those kind of needles.

Based off of this chart, I will need to administer one of them 0.045 cc.. which one would that be? I

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:40 pm

In the photo that I used earlier, it would be right after the green 0.04cc mark and before the blue 0.05cc mark:

Again, this is going to be a very small amount of liquid.

Mercy210

Post   » Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:54 pm

Okay thank you. Yeah I imagine a drop of that

Mercy210

Post   » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:20 pm

And this is one drop per ear or one?

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:24 pm

Just the single drop.

Mercy210

Post   » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:56 pm