Medical Topic for Oswald

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:57 pm

You can taper the dose down.

piggypatrol

Post   » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:51 pm

Well it keeps happening and happening more frequently. We are on lockdown but thankfully my vet is still open but I have to wait in the parking lot, taking him in tomorrow. He had a very thin string like piece of poo hanging from him and I pulled it gently it was quite long.was a little yellowish at the tip. I cleaned him out after that and he pooped a huge couple logs right on me lol. Hopefully we can figure out more information soon

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:03 pm

I'm so sorry to hear this. My senior with a similar gut problem has been having increased issues, too (more frequent; increasingly harder to resolve each time). I hope you can get some answers. I'll be very interested to hear what your vet finds.

piggypatrol

Post   » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:22 pm

How old is your piggy? For sure as soon as I find out more I will keep in touch

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:43 pm

He is 5-6, I'd say. We adopted him late last year.

Good luck and stay safe out there.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:05 pm

The thin yellowish string, also sounds like it could be hardened semen. I take it this did not come from his penis? Does he have a male cage mate?

piggypatrol

Post   » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:28 am

It came from his butt area, it was only the end of it than was like a yellowish brown but rest of it was definitely poo. He has no cage mate currently

piggypatrol

Post   » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:59 pm

Well pretty much she said he looks fine from the last time and said perhaps he does t have enough B vitamins in his diet so she’s setting me up with some and an ant-acid. I’ll give the exact amounts once I get the meds in hand. She did say it might turn his urine pink but not to panic

piggypatrol

Post   » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:21 pm

Famotidime 10mg .25 once a day for two weeks
And vitamin B12 1000ug/ml give .25 once weekly for one month

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:46 pm

I hope they help him.

piggypatrol

Post   » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:08 pm

Me too, fingers crossed

piggypatrol

Post   » Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:13 pm

Well seems to be having another episode today, he’s eating some but poops are pretty small and not coming out as often. Cleaned his booty and no impact, he’s actually eager to eat the critical care so I’m not sure what’s bugging him. Vet said I’m doing all the right things so I’ll just keep him on the meds and see how things keep going. I did give him spinach the other night for the first time in month so maybe that upset his stomach