Medical Topic for Oswald

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:31 pm

Sounds good. I'm glad he's pooping okay.

piggypatrol

Post   » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:04 pm

Update, things weren’t getting any better and I didn’t wanna leave him like that another day so I decided to give him a dosage of the metoclopramide. I gave him .25 of a ml. He pooped more last night and when I woke up this morning to weight him there were poops! And a pretty good amount of them too all over the cage

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:31 pm

Very good! Your vet can adjust the dose up or down, depending on his weight.

piggypatrol

Post   » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:13 pm

So she left me a voicemail with the dosage and looks like I been fixing him the right amount. She didn’t mention how long I should do it for though. He seems fine now so should I stop or keep giving it to him? I started on Saturday night and been giving him .25ml every 12 hours. I can leave her another message but she probably wouldn’t get back to me till after they close

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:20 pm

You could taper it down over the next day or two and see how he does.

piggypatrol

Post   » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:23 pm

Well after I cut him off the medicine he was fine and back to normal for about 2 weeks. Now it’s starting all over again. I started the process over again of critical care and metoclopramide. Perhaps it was too soon to cut him off of it

piggypatrol

Post   » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:31 pm

I been giving him .25 ml every 12 hours but on her voicemail she left me she said I could do .5ml three times a day. Does that sound like too much?

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:38 pm

How are his poops and frequency? Is he having any bloating with it? .5ml is standard dose for a roughly 1kg pig, if I remember correctly, but I don't have access to my formulary here at work. Three times a day seems a little high, though, but I could see bumping it up short-term if there's something going on with his gut. Without looking back, did the vet have any thoughts as to why this keeps happening? What is his diet?

piggypatrol

Post   » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:33 pm

His poops were very small ond mishapen on Monday. They are starting to look a lot better and pellet looking since I started the cc and meds again. Still not as frequent. She said if he doesn’t get better could be a liver or kidney problem but that we would have to do a urinalysis and perhaps a blood panel.

piggypatrol

Post   » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:11 pm

Well I took him into the vet and we had some samples collected to try and find the root of the problem. The Dr just called me and said mostly everything was normal but that his urine was very concentrated and had a little blood so she wants to get urine sample cultured. She left a note for the lab to see if they can get the sample cultured or if they will need a cleaner sample. He does seem to pee on me sometimes or during floor time but I never thought too much about it. At least we know where the problem is coining from and could be causing him discomfort. He’s been eating more on his own today but I will keep updating as I find out more.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:41 pm

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:42 am

Blood in the urine may point to a UTI. Remind me, have bladder stones been ruled out?