Blood spots on Lacey’s bedding

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2019

Post   » Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:17 am

I was thinking the same thing that it’s hormonal. She’s peeing normally, no sign of blood, and no indication of pain or straining so I doubt it’s a UTI or stones. I’ve been keeping notes and watching eating habits and behavior in addition to weight. She is feeling good and eating well. If I wasn’t using white bedding, I would never know there was an issue.

So I think at this point I'll wait and see and if there are changes I’ll contact the vet. Just 3 weeks ago the vet did a really thorough abdominal exam plus an ultrasound of her abdomen, bladder, and uterus - everything looked okay.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:31 am

Ditto Lynx. Guinea pig heat cycles are every 14-16 days, so anything that happens on that timeline is very apt to be related to it. A few guinea pig sows do spot a bit when in heat.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2019

Post   » Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:18 pm

Thanks for the info - you have so much more experience with this than I do. It seemed like a lot of blood to me - about the diameter of a pea or little fingerprint. But she was sleeping in her hidey for a few hours so it probably was just a few drops.

43 posts