Eye infection?

jolly12524

Post   » Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:00 am

Hello I wasn’t here for a while but here it is Jolly our 2 year old male guinea pig recently started having yellow discharge from his left eye , still eating and acting pretty normal . Took him to vet and he said it looks like virus or bacterial infection and prescribed drops . They did a rest to exclude scratching of the eye .It should have helped visibly after 5 days but it did not . Now we have to go back .... hopefully they will figure out . Back in may he had URI ,medicine and inhalator helped .afyer a month of inhalator he was good , actually after 3 days I could tell big difference . Is it possible that it’s coming back and that’s why he has eye infection ??? It seems he gets sick every 6 months . Please advise if you can . Photo attaching shortly .

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:52 am

It's possible, and a follow-up appointment with the vet sounds like a very good idea.

It looks like you already have a topic (possibly two) for Jolly:
https://www.guinealynx.info/forums/viewt ... =2&t=77246

If so, please use the above thread instead of this one to post any updates. The board rule is "one thread per pig," which helps all of us follow the medical history of an animal. Even seemingly unrelated issues can be helpful for us to be aware of.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:36 am

I sent you an email encouraging you to post on your existing topic and added a link to the picture I uploaded for you.

This topic has been locked.