Eye ulcer snd vet visit

sozansound2

Post   » Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:46 pm

It probably is. The nurse was the one who spelled it out and I even repeated it back and she said it was correct.

sozansound2

Post   » Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:25 am

Has cystorelin been used on guinea pigs before?

Also, I have seen post about deslorelin and has been used with success before but does anyone know how it's done? I read somewere that it is like chipping a dog for example but I haven't seen anyone mention that.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:18 am

See the little magnifying glass icon at the top of the page? Click on it, and search for cystorelin in the medical forum. You'll find plenty of information.

sozansound2

Post   » Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:15 am

Piggy just received her first dose of cystorelin a few hours ago. Vet palpated her abdomen and didn't feel like the mass grew. Another dose in 2 weeks.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:34 am

I hope this makes a big difference for her. We're pulling for Piggy!

sozansound2

Post   » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:26 pm

Update:
she just got her second dose. during the days leading to the 2nd week, i have seen something different. Her belly wasn't as wide as it was before but i did not know if it was just in my head. also one of her nipples lost all its crust but the other still had some stuck. i didn't pay much mind to it either but i saw small hairs in the sides of her bald spots but i never took a closer look before her 1st dose so i don't know if it was always like that or if it is slowly growing back.

when we got to the vet, the vet could not feel the ball she once felt so the cystorelin is probably responding and shrunk, what i believe is confirmed at this point, the ovarian cyst.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:03 pm

That is good news!

I encourage you to take pictures for yourself. I know I have a hard time remembering how things may have changed so pictures will give you confirmation of, for example, hair regrowth.

We have recommended using cold press coconut oil lightly on areas like the nipples to soften and ease removal of a crust if there is one.

sozansound2

Post   » Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:43 pm

Sure will

sozansound2

Post   » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:49 pm

she got her 3rd cystorelin shot. cant even tell she even had hair loss but she does look weird because she is a full dark grey colored pig but now she hats lots of places that is light grey and she looks hilarious. she spends more time outside than inside her hut and wheeks at any movement. she is not the same pig at all. i knew she tends to have her chatty times but not like this. makes me wonder how long the cyst was releasing hormones till it decided to start having her loose hair. for a single pig, she is one active girl.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:07 am

That is a super result! It sounds like the cystorelin is making a wonderful and positive difference!

Thanks so much for the continued updates!

sozansound2

Post   » Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:46 am

she even gets exited for water when the bottle is empty and no problem. appreciate the help and advice from everyone.

sozansound2

Post   » Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:45 am

quick question. a while back i started making my own fleece pads since some of my big cage fleece has started to not absorb very well. my pig has started to flip them and chew them which ruins them. was wondering if there are any etsy pages or other places were they sell these fleece pads since mines do have flaws.. i would appreciate it.