Mange and Severe Pododermatitis

amy m guinea

Post   » Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:46 am

I so hope he makes it after all he's been through.

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:55 am

Come on little guy, just a bit more...
Look how far you've come already?

We are all cheering for you, and of course, for the work and time Josephine has put in too.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:43 pm

He could be in no better hands. Best wishes and good luck.

Josephine
Little Jo Wheek

Post   » Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:02 pm

He seems a bit perkier this evening. Lots of larger poops in his pouch, eating veggies frequently. I plan to keep up the intensive care since he's gone down 30 grams in the past week that I've had him (well, 5 days so far). I put a warmie (hot water bottle) in with him also. Tomorrow I will poke and prod some more at the vet's.

Serena
It started with Louie...

Post   » Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:21 pm

I'm sending him well wishes and pulling for him, too.

leebee

Post   » Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:37 pm

How's our little friend doing today? I've been thinking of him.

Did you get the check and vet records I mailed?

Josephine
Little Jo Wheek

Post   » Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:23 pm

I haven't received anything yet (as of last night). I've been in Oroville today, though. When was it mailed?

He's hanging in there and actually looks (dare I say) perky again. Still will force-feed for awhile, I guess. Still off of his meloxicam and Baytril. Will add back meloxicam tomorrow pending lab results and depending on his attitude.

More poops today. Well-formed and medium-sized. Eating crap Kaytee alfalfa pellets that I picked up last minute. Still liking veggies. Seems to like them, so I'll have to order from KM some better-quality ones.

Vet visit today. We did rads (whole-body and extremity). He has OLD bones, calcification, osteoporosis, etc. His heart may be enlarged. It's tilted. He was a wiggler! He may have some narrowed lumbar vertebrae (no disk space?), which might explain the hopping. He may have some disease in his paws, but we don't see osteomyelitis right now. His leg associated with the worst paw (the left one) seems to have some weird changes. I will have another vet as well as a radiologist look at the films in the next few days.

After we gave him a break, I bled him for some labwork which should be back tomorrow.

His left foot seems more purple than yesterday. I noticed it looked moister than usual yesterday and I left it unwrapped last night to dry it out. It has a good scab on the bottom that is shrinking. His right foot has a tiny scab on it still. I'm hoping on having my sister take some updated pics tomorrow.

Josephine
Little Jo Wheek

Post   » Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:32 pm

2/2/06 Pics. It took a half hour to load these 3, but it gives an idea of how he's progressing.

Brandilynn
Who's your Branni?

Post   » Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:40 pm

Poor little man. Thanks for taking such good care of him.

leebee

Post   » Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:43 pm

WOW!!! That looks amazing!! To think, two weeks ago he was sitting in the shelter with a 2cm wide open sore on his foot.

Josephine
Little Jo Wheek

Post   » Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:52 pm

Hey, we make a good team, ya think?

The good news is, if the radiologist clears him, he may not need amputation. I'm crossing my fingers. When he puts on some weight, we definitely want to take off the sebaceous cyst and masses (and send out histos) and neuter him. When he's under anesthesia, I can get some skull rads. I couldn't last night since he was WAY too wiggly for the general radiographs. We didn't want to kill him just to get diagnostics, either, by stressing him too much.

whittibo

Post   » Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:53 pm

He's SO cute! He looks very sweet. His poor feet, they do look so much better, but they also look like they still hurt. :(