Chirping Sound Clip

Sunny

Post   » Wed Sep 17, 2003 10:58 am

I've never heard of a pain chirp. Hope Munchie recovers okay.

Winnie chirped for the first time last night!!! It was very different than Spot's chirp which was a full blown adult bird sounding chirp. Winnie's was more like a baby bird, soft and kind of sporadic. Almost like he was teaching himself. I found myself looking behind the cage for a lost baby bird, but no, it was Winnie!

triciala

Post   » Wed Sep 17, 2003 1:06 pm

http://beanmakers.com/ They have some clips on this site that has some piggie noises. When I play them my piggies freeze like they are saying "What the hell? Where did that come from?"

Robyn3939
Lethal Lover

Post   » Wed Sep 17, 2003 6:25 pm

I just listened to the chirping clip too. My gp's do this and I thought it was a cricket!

beatrice

Post   » Wed Oct 01, 2003 11:28 pm

Hi everyone, I'm new here--this is a fun format, and great to see the pictures of everyone's pigs.

I'm pretty sure, from my limited experience, that chirping is at least sometimes a lonely or sad thing (though no doubt different guineas do it for different reasons). We've had guineas for about the last eight years (one male and 2 female), and the only time I ever heard it was after Buster, the second to last one died, and Dulcie was on her own for the first time. Buster died at Christmas and Dulcie chirped four or five times in the following three months or so, having never done it before. I think she was calling out for other guineas in her loneliness. Very sadly Dulcie died too a couple of months ago from complications from surgery for bladder stones. Sorry--I don't mean to be a downer!

AliceMcmallis
Supporter in '08

Post   » Thu Oct 02, 2003 1:44 pm

Oh Beatrice, that's so sad.

I've never been able to hear the clips of piggies chirping because I don't have speakers on my computer at work.

But a couple of nights ago I was woken up in the middle of the night by the freakiest noise. I've actually heard it before, but for some reason it never connected for me. It was chirping!

I think it must be Rosie doing it, because I used to hear it when it was only she and Lucy. I hadn't heard it since Lucy passed away until last night. It scared the poop out of me! I ran in to see what was wrong and they all sat there staring at me.

It really does sound like a cricket to me, and not a bird. Here I've been thinking I was missing out on something amazing because I've imagined it to sound like one thing, but I've been hearing it all along!