Charlie's Passing

pridding

Post   » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:44 am

Hi All - well it has been nearly a week since Charlie passed over. I am still very sad and light a candle for the little chap each night, but it has got a little bit easier to cope with day by day thanks to all the kind words and suport from you guys in here. Thank you very much.

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:02 am

Still keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, Paul. I can't look at my momentos of Flossie without feeling a great deal of sadness, so I know what you feel. I have to keep those things put out of sight until I have a permanent place for them in a few weeks. Need to scrapbook her life. Someone was kind enough to do a brush through of her hair and saved me a small amount. That's the one that can actually make me cry still. Keep lighting your/his candle. Hopefully soon it will be easier for us both.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:17 am

I know what you're both going through having lost both Jupiter and Jasmine in February this year. Looking at pictures and thinking of them still brings tears to my eyes. BUT I also think how lucky I was to have them both in my life and grateful for the memories and time we shared which makes me smile. Sending you both big hugs.

pridding

Post   » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:35 pm

Thank you for your kind words of support, and of course my thoughts are with you both for your losses as well.

CavyDad
Supporter in 2018

Post   » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:04 pm

I'm so sorry to hear about Charlie. We've lost two this year, including our first piggy, and were not prepared for the feeling of heartbreak. It helps to think about the wonderful times we had with them, but I still feel like something is missing. They're such awesome little animals, and I hate that so many people have that "it's just a guinea pig" mentality. All of you that have suffered recent losses are in my thoughts. I think it really helps to know that other people understand what you are going through. Charlie and Stewie were lucky to have found a wonderful home with you.

pridding

Post   » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:34 am

Hi CavyDad - your thoughts are so much appreciated, it is clear you understand and I am sorry to hear about your losses as well. I agree with everything you say, GP's are such marvellous little creatures with their own personalities. Take care.

JaneDoe

Post   » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:16 am

I'm sorry.

pridding

Post   » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:41 pm

Thank you Jane x