Do You Want a Piggy Profiles Forum?

So, do you want some kind of profile forum for your pets?

Poll ended at Sun Mar 17, 2002 10:19 am

Yes!! Give us a Piggy Profile or Pig something forum!!
30%
No. Not my cup of tea at all. Just serious stuff. No profiles.
30%
Sure, profiles but stick them in the Cavy Chat forum.
40%
Sure, profiles but stick them in the Behavior forum.
No votes

Total votes: 20

mon

Post   » Thu Jan 17, 2002 12:38 am

I´m sorry I even suggested it!

The reason I did however, was to see more stories like SF´s. Stories about how people became interested in pigs, stories about what makes their gp´s so special. I agree i don´t need the "how cutes", but I thought it would be a good place for people also to post their pictures. I also get confused sometimes, as to who has what pigs and how many. Anyway it doesn´t matter, we could always just use the profile thing.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Jan 17, 2002 7:56 am

I agree with you on enjoying that kind of thing. Maybe Seansfamily could do up a post and put a link to it in her profile (I have noticed the links are pretty darn long -- there might be a problem fitting it in the box).

Well, Seansfamily, seems like we want you to tell some more stories here. If you have the time, we´ll listen.

Seansfamily

Post   » Thu Jan 24, 2002 9:26 pm

I copied all my stories when I thought I was going to be banned from CG. I can make them available in any way decided.

Most of the CG Piggy Profiles were just brief physical descriptions with names and ages of the pigs. But, I remember one that had a very heartwarming story of how the member came to adopt her pig. Posts such as that are true stories and are worth having somewhere.

I think that the story angle rather than a mere "profile" angle should be considered.

I didn´t vote because I didn´t know which choice to select based upon my opinion that it is stories that should be featured.

Thank you so much for appreciating my stories!

pinta

Post   » Thu Jan 24, 2002 9:37 pm

If they´re put into an existing forum they´re too hard to find if that´s what you´re in the mood to read. Most of the forums are immediate dialogue and if you´ve missed 2 weeks - the threads that have sunk are obsolete. I think Pigtales would be lost.

The stories we´re thinking of are almost storybooklike in character and should be kept together.

I don´t know about banning responses. Sometimes people ask for more info and prompt more details that enhance the original thread. True - the "Aw what a cute story"s are definitely unneccessary. Of course they could just ask questions on a fresh thread......

Yes, SF - I remember the profile you´re talking about. Might have been CAT´s I think CAT had a really nice one about her pigs. Those are the ones worth their own forum.

CAT

Post   » Thu Jan 24, 2002 11:14 pm

Personally, I like the idea of a profile forum as I too like to read some of the stories, but agree about the awws and oohs. Could we have a word limit (that´s the University lecturer coming out in me now isn´t it)?

As for a name, how about the Cavy Chronicle or something?

Alternatively, a forum that has set questions, eg. name, sex and age of each pig,
favourite food, fav activity, how did you get into cavies..... even as I write this I realize it´s not the greatest of ideas, but something would be nice. And I don´t think other threads should be moved, it you want to start a thread in Cavy Cat that could go in a profile, I don´t think it matters.

Anyway, I have rabbited on enough (thanks Pinta for saying my story was nice - I still get weepy when I think of old Shoebox my first pig).

CAT

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Jan 24, 2002 11:21 pm

That has a good ring to it. I like the story idea too. That was actually more of what I had in mind. Maybe people can talk about their pigs but they have to do more than just list them.

Okay, I´ll give it a go. But I fully expect Pinta to include a chronicle of at least one memorable pig.