Favorite Sounds

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Jan 18, 2002 10:22 pm

I think I´ve heard of the purr (never actually heard it), the burr, chirping, wheeking and a few other sounds. One of my favorites is the sound they make walking along cheerfully from one place to another -- I describe it as the squeeky wheel sound (pocketa-pocketa or "tut-tut").

Does anyone else have a favorite sound?

pigpal

Post   » Fri Jan 18, 2002 10:26 pm

I have a favorite that I call the "bursting bubble" sound.

Maybe it´s the male version of pocketa-pocketa, because they do it when they´re just bumbling about in a contented sort of mood. It sounds like bloop-bloop-bloop to me!

pigpal

Post   » Fri Jan 18, 2002 10:29 pm

How about LEAST favorite too?

I hate it when they grind their teeth when I´m petting them, kraunch, kraunch, kraunch - you can feel the grinding going right through your bones.

pinta

Post   » Fri Jan 18, 2002 10:32 pm

Hate the hiss.

pigpal

Post   » Fri Jan 18, 2002 10:35 pm

I´ve never heard mine hiss. Under what circumstances do they hiss?

pinta

Post   » Fri Jan 18, 2002 10:38 pm

At the sound of the top being popped off a hypodermic(sp?) needle if they´re used to getting injections. When they are really pissed off.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Jan 18, 2002 10:52 pm

I think I haven´t pissed my pigs off yet. No injections. I do get brrrrs and head tosses.

imanut4u

Post   » Fri Jan 18, 2002 11:18 pm

A great big belch after dinner ..........

Oh sorry, guinea pig sounds. Wheeking. I love to hear the wheeking of 13 pigs when I rustle a bag. And the crunch of veggies is sweet too.

pinta

Post   » Fri Jan 18, 2002 11:25 pm

The faucet sound of a good strong pee, especialy in a pig getting over a UTI. Good sound

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Jan 18, 2002 11:33 pm

Oh, I do love it when somebody just shreiks in anticipation of some veggies. Mostly they are calm little wheeks but sometimes they get so excited you´d think they were going to bust a gut.

Yeah, hate those after dinner belches....

pigpal

Post   » Sat Jan 19, 2002 2:05 pm

My pigs are WAY too refined to belch or pee audibly. I guess naming them William and Harry wasn´t all bad, they obviously aspire to royal standards.

I love that anecdote from someone who was granted an interview with Queen Elizabeth II and an loud fart was heard to emanate from the vicinity of her Majesty. Nobody else was close enough to have been the source, but a dog was lying on the floor nearby. According to the story the Queen smiled sweetly and said "It must have been the corgi". Probably an urban legend.

Alfie

Post   » Sat Jan 19, 2002 8:20 pm

So, Pigpal, your pigs just smoke pot and date lots of blonde heiresses, then?

I do love the terribly-convincing "Feed me! I´m starving!" wheek that they use whenever I chop anything, even when they have a huge bowl of veggies already in their cage.