Paper Bag Fun

ricky

Post   » Wed Feb 13, 2002 8:10 pm

Yesterday I got an order of hay and pellets from American Pet Diner and they used soft, grey large sheets of paper crumpled up as packing material. I threw it on the floor in the piggie room and my two boys went nuts! All I´ve heard since then is the crumpling and chewing and rustling of paper as they run through it, under it, on top of it. I think they are playing hide and seek. I can hardly coax them away from it for fresh veggies.

It´s so funny to watch them - a big sheet of paper moving across the floor all by itself, propelled by a hidden pig beneath.

I´ll have to pay APD extra next time to make sure they send more paper!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Feb 13, 2002 8:14 pm

Was it unprinted newspaper? Sounds like fun. I think lots of people talk about giving their pigs toys but I do find changing their environment and giving them something to check out is the quickest way to get their attention.

I don´t suppose you have a pic of them rustling around?

Evangeline

Post   » Wed Feb 13, 2002 10:47 pm

The machines that print newspapers can´t work when the paper rools get smaller than a certain size, so a new roll needs to be put in. Our local newspaper gives those used rolls for free. Usually, there is still a good 2-3 inches of paper on it. We get tones of them at school. I´ll have to bring one home for the pigs. Thanks for the idea.

You should try calling your newspaper to see if you could get a roll from them.

ricky

Post   » Thu Feb 14, 2002 10:39 am

No, not newspaper I don´t think. It´s very soft to the touch and gray in color. They´re still rustling around in there this morning. You can tell where the pigs spend the most time by the poop buildup.

I keep meaning to take digital pics of the pigs but I´ve just never gotten around to it yet.

Another really popular item is an empty cardboard box, you know, the small Amazon size, and I cut holes entrance and exit holes at both ends. The box, in combination with the paper, has sent them into fits of joy. They never knew life could be this good.

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Thu Feb 14, 2002 10:41 am

It´s always the simple things that make them happiest. I gave my boys a new cardboard tube today and they immediately threw it around. Go figure.