For the Aussies here

cea2001

Post   » Wed Feb 27, 2002 5:15 am

Whoops, posted in the wrong forum - sorry Lynx!

Burke´s Backyard are doing a segment of the program on Friday on piggies. Might be interesting to see what they get right/wrong.

channel 9, 7.30pm, Friday 29 Feb

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Feb 27, 2002 7:45 am

This is the better forum to post in. The Behavior forum is more for reference articles (but we can start new ones and share experiences).

Kat

Post   » Wed Feb 27, 2002 7:17 pm

Just wondering, Cea, is it a repeat? I´ve seen a Burke´s Backyard segment on guinea pigs before, and I must say, I wasn´t very impressed. I think I´ve also got an article from the Burke´s Backyard magazine on guinea pigs. It had some cute pictures, but the information wasn´t very reliable.

Alfie

Post   » Wed Feb 27, 2002 9:40 pm

Thanks for that, Cea, I´ll throw in a tape. I think it would be worth watching for the inevitable fish-eye-lens footage of their faces as they run around.

When I got my pigs, the first info I found on the net was a BB road-test sheet. The info was pretty basic, but no real shockers.

cea2001

Post   » Wed Feb 27, 2002 9:47 pm

I do apologise for chucking this in the Behaviour forum - I was reading about free range pigs and suddenly remembered the program and in my manic enthusiasm posted before I thought about where I should actually put it.

Kat, I have no idea whether it´s a repeat but hey, most things on TV are so I would assume so!

CAT

Post   » Wed Mar 06, 2002 10:08 pm

I saw it. Not real informative, but no really bad advice either, although I did wonder about the advice that they are perfect pets for kids - not that there is anything wrong with kids owning pigs, but very young children can squeeze them etc.

The guests they had on were at least breeders and club people. Some of the varieties they showed were cute.

CAT

mon

Post   » Thu Mar 07, 2002 12:20 am

My mother rang me up in the ad break before it started and informed me. I saw it and it wasn´t terribly exciting. I read the article on them in the magazine today and I noticed I few things were incorrect, but nothing major. It did say that a pig is not recommended for young children.