What do i do???(please reply!!)

Megan

Post   » Sun Mar 03, 2002 11:15 am

I was at the petstore yesterday in the frackvile mall here in PA. In the back room there was a mother guinea pig nursing 3 babies, I´m not sure how old they were, mom looked to be around 4months old or so. The babies were fairly small, maybe 3 weeks old. I´m going back up there today, Should I try and talk my mom into letting me buy the pig if she´s for sale? So she has a nice relaxing place to nurse and care for her babies instead of being poked at? If I do get her and the babies, I will need to find them all loving homes. I also fear that she might be pregant again, or her babies will soon mature and get her or the females(if there are any)b pregant.

Megan

Post   » Sun Mar 03, 2002 11:25 am

I talked to my mom, I don´t think she will let me, she doesn´t think I´ll be albe to find them all homes :( . And she doesnt´ want to pay $70 for them.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Mar 03, 2002 1:28 pm

I wish I had advice for you but I don´t. That is alot of cavies and I can understand why your mother would be reluctant to buy them.

You might express your concern to the store manager and volunteer to care for them for a couple weeks at your expense. And have an agreement to purchase if you for some reason choose to keep any.