Clipping nails

Sonia

Post   » Mon Mar 11, 2002 7:21 pm

Eeek !!! Using a blow torch on piggies....never...even if Tizzy has removed chunks of skin in the past !!! Anyway, a beam torch is a small torch with a narrow,small but powerful beam. It´s similar to the ones that doctor´s use to check your pupil ( black part of eyes, not unruly students ! ) reaction time, only a little bigger.

The reason I use it is, that I am worried about getting the beam into my piggies eyes and hurting them. A good Beam Torch is a pocket Mag-Light which is internationally available, and if you twist the lens at the top, it will narrow the beam. If you feel that that is still too wide and gets in their eyes, then merely cover the lens with a peice of card and sticky tape in place, leaving a tiny gap for the light to get through. A torch is the general term, and the beam part of it is referred to the narrow focused beam.

Hope that clears my name from blow-torching piggies !!! ;o)

Peace, Love, and Happiness, Always
Sonia

Evangeline

Post   » Mon Mar 11, 2002 7:54 pm

Ok, so it´s a flashlight.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Mar 11, 2002 8:32 pm

Sounds like a blind-fold would be handy. It would keep the torch light from their eyes and they wouldn´t know what was coming.

Sonia

Post   » Mon Mar 11, 2002 8:38 pm

Depends on how much displeased, high-pitched shreaking, you can take !!!

Peace, Love, and Happiness, Always
Sonia

KarasKavies
For the love of my girls!

Post   » Mon Mar 11, 2002 9:29 pm

Hey Lynx, I think you are onto something. I think we could "hog tie" them!! No pun intended!! That way all four little paws would be at the ready!

Kara

Dobby
I gave what I could!

Post   » Mon Mar 11, 2002 10:01 pm

I don´t think they have legs long enough for hog tying, Kara. But it would be the ideal position for nail clipping.

KarasKavies
For the love of my girls!

Post   » Tue Mar 12, 2002 1:20 am

I agree Dobby! LOL!!! Doesn´t it conjure up quite an image though?! With the loyal cavy owner ready with clippers in hand!

Kara

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Mar 12, 2002 5:30 am

When I was new to cavies, I once tried to rig up a sleeve with their feet poking out that could be suspended or held by another person while their legs dangled invitingly waiting to be clipped. Of course it was a failed disaster of an idea. Gps are just about as squirmy as you can get.

Dobby
I gave what I could!

Post   » Tue Mar 12, 2002 5:31 am

We are a couple of sick people. *LOL*

Jill

Post   » Tue Mar 12, 2002 9:00 am

Like furry slinkys
-------
edit: not you two, the guinea pigs!
Last edited by Jill on Tue Mar 12, 2002 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Tue Mar 12, 2002 9:26 am

Lynx....I worry about you.

Louise

Post   » Tue Mar 12, 2002 9:29 am

wasn´t it you RS who also tried to make a piggy pullover?