Innovative New Vitamin C Deliver System!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Jan 01, 2002 5:22 pm

How about ear muffs for gps? Special ones? Pretty colors? Maybe with lace? Wintery hats?

I don't know how many of you get the Parade magazine in your Sunday paper (I get the Washington Post) but they just ran a "Best & Worst" of everything issue. And tucked inside they mention a cloth impregnated with a chemical called pro-vitamin that through contact with warm skin is absorbed and changes to vit C. Shirts made with the product can go throw 30 washings. I think this holds great potential for gps (one of the few other animals that cannot produce its own vitamin C). Since the ears have less hair/fur and are generally toasty warm, they would be a natural place to use the product. I envision stylish theme hats that could be changed depending on the season or holidays. And just think! You'd be improving the health of your pigs!!

Just remember you heard it here first!

[p.s. in the same magazine, they mentioned that a British expert on ghosts is convinced mobile phones are killing off ghosts -- apparently paranormal events are down and the electrical activity is being blamed).

mon

Post   » Tue Jan 01, 2002 7:21 pm

Killing off ghosts!?! They are already dead!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Jan 01, 2002 7:24 pm

Yes, you are right. At least, that´s what I always thought. But it´s right here, "Mobile phones are killing off ghosts..."

Maybe somebody has to point this out to them?

Seansfamily

Post   » Wed Jan 02, 2002 9:39 pm

Tucked inside...where?...in best or in worst?

I always thought Parade was a reputable Sunday magazine. I haven´t seen it for years though. Is the "killing ghosts" story one of the worst stories, I hope? And, do the worst stories belong to OTHER news mediums, I hope???

So, what are the uses of this Vitamin C cloth other than your proposed ear-wear for gps? Scurvy victims could sleep between sheets made of this cloth, perhaps? Or, wear a hospital gown made of it????

cavytopia

Post   » Wed Jan 02, 2002 9:48 pm

I had read an internet article about the vit C garments back in July and had copied/pasted it to another forum which I participate in (non cavy forum). I searched that board and was able to come up with the original article and am copying/pasting it here. Very interesting!!!

7/20/01 - This was on my What´s New on CompuServe Today window:

Vitamins In Your UNDERWEAR?!

If popping a vitamin pill every day is just too much effort in your busy, busy, busy life, wear a T-shirt instead. Not just any old T-shirt, but one being developed by the Japanese firm Fuji Spinning Co. Ltd. that will be impregnated with vitamin C. Here´s how it works: Fibers in the T-shirt contain a chemical called "pro-vitamin" that actually turns into vitamin C when it comes into contact with human skin. The shirt, which should go on sale in Japan early next year, has tentatively been named V-up. It will have the vitamin content of two lemons and last through some 30 washings. "This varies according to the individual, and we are still checking through testing," a spokesman for the company told Reuters.

And why stop with just vitamin C? Fuji Spinning is conducting research to determine if it can do the same thing with other vitamins. It could give your underwear a whole new purpose in life. "The problem is that the cloth has to be in direct contact with the wearer´s skin to work," the Fuji Spinning spokesman told Reuters. "So things like blouses don´t work." And even he admitted, "There´s no question that taking vitamin pills is a much better way to get your vitamin C." No word yet on how much it will cost, but we bet it will be more than the price of the aforementioned two lemons. --Cathryn Conroy

Sadly, the article failed to mention guinea pig ear muffs. Hey, Lynx, perhaps you could market them along with the piggie poop earrings?! ::grin::
Last edited by cavytopia on Wed Jan 02, 2002 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cavytopia

Post   » Wed Jan 02, 2002 9:51 pm

Oh, I forgot to post in my last reply. Heehee, I didn´t want to edit it since I wanted o try out this "quick reply box" thingy on the forum.

In the picture, how in the world do you get the guinea pigs to hold still for the pics?! Also, how do those cute little hats stay on?! Must be bribery -- food, no doubt!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Jan 02, 2002 10:39 pm

Yes, that's almost the same article I read. I was projecting a new purpose for this fabric, ergo the ear muffs. Since gps also need vitamin C, it seemed a natural move.

Seansfamily, alas, they claimed it was a "Best Ghost Story". I guess it all depends on whose side you're on...