Cuy Petition

GuinessOllie

Post   » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:29 am

Hey Piggie friends Guiness and I are creating a petition . Guiness told me he wants to start a petition to spread awareness to piggie owners who want to put thier pigs up for adoption this is a scenario that could happen to thier beloved piggies . Guiness Says he can't stop the feral cuy operation in Ecuador and Peru as cuy is a delicacy down there . He says he can stop the domestic cuy operation in the US . He wants you to sign the petition on www.thepetitionsite.com if you can he says no obligations . He says his petition might go to change.org as well .

Wheek Wheek , Guiness Ollie

WICharlie

Post   » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:59 pm

I can't find any petition and I really don't know what you are talking about. Are you saying that there is a cuy operation in the US whereby cuy are being killed for food here? There are some cuy being introduced into the US but it is harming the domestic PET population. Unsuspecting people are ending up with cuy instead of the typical domestic guinea pig for a pet. They are twice as large as your domestic guinea pig, often have health concerns and are sometimes too anxious to make good pets. I don't know anywhere where they are being eaten.

Now guinea pigs being offered for free on Craigslist can end up as snake food. But that doesn't seem to be what you are talking about.

JX4

Post   » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:42 am

There are people who live in the U.S. who do eat cuy. They are usually immigrants from South America and their families. My daughter's Spanish teacher's husband is from Peru. She told me her husband still grills and prepares cuy when he finds unwanted guinea pigs, especially if they are large (not babies). It's probably not a huge industry, though.

Coco-Pepe Mom

Post   » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:49 pm

I just found and signed the petition. I have an issue with people "adopting" pets from people, while really planning to eat them. Thank you for starting this petition. I am curious to know what impact we can make.

GuinessOllie

Post   » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:53 pm

Guiness says” Wheek Wheek”