Clicking sounds

Nuoc Mam

Post   » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:17 pm

I have two boars where randomly I hear one of them make a clicking sound like when we roll our tongue on top of our inner mouth. I have searched all of the websites and I have not seen this sounds before. Now I sometimes hear my other boar make this sound as well but it is very random. Any ideas what this sound mean?

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:21 am

Not sure I know which sound you mean, but guinea pigs will make various little vocalizations as they explore their habitat. One such sound reminds me of an old fashioned coffee percolator (this was before Keurig!).

EclipseCritters

Post   » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:15 pm

Are you hearing their teeth chattering? The chattering pig is basically just telling the other pig "Hey! I don't like that!" or "Go away!" It's not a big deal. Occasionally the behavior can escalate from simple teeth chattering to more aggressive posturing/body language but just simple chattering is super common and nothing to worry about. I have two boars living together who chatter at each other all the time but they've never gotten into a fight and get along just fine.

My pigs sometimes chatter at me when I reach in to pet them and they want to be left alone and I have one that will chatter at me every once in awhile when he's hungry and I'm not giving him his veggies fast enough. It's normal piggy behavior.

Nuoc Mam

Post   » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:24 am

No it is not teeth chattering, I need to record them when they make this sounds.