Goodbye Piggy World

Pooja Mehta

Post   » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:52 pm

I am writing this to pay tribute to all my piggies. I lost my last piggy, Cupid on 15th February, 2018. He was 7.7 years old. He would have completed 7.8 years on 17th, had he stayed for two more days but I guess he had a better place to go to.
The morning he died, he couldn’t move much but suddenly turned to face me and I knew his time had come so I held him in my arms so that he could pass away peacefully. More than him passing away peacefully, I dint want to regret wasting a single second with him. I held him because I felt guilty for not understanding him when two days before he died, he used to wheek everytime he saw me as if to say, “Pick me up Human and pet me. I don’t have much time with you.” For the first time in so many years, he tucked my clothes with his mouth and tried to climb on my lap to be petted and to be loved. I feel bad for not understanding his hints and not carrying him in my arms. I petted him in his cage instead. More than he wanting to be petted and loved, he wanted to give me love for the last time :( He had outlived all the others.

My sows dint live long.
Angel:1 year
Princy:1.6 years ((I used her adoption date as her birthday. She must be around 2-6 months or older when I got her)

All my boars have lived more than 7 years.
Sandy:7.1 years
Prince:7.2 years (I used his adoption date as his birthday. He must be around 2-6 months or older when I got him
Cupid:7.7 years
My vets have always asked me as to what I do that they stay for so long. I guess I am lucky to have had long living boars.

Some words that I had written in my emergency forum thread for each piggy which showed how adorable and loving babies were they.
Angel:- “Angel was the weakest of her lot but she survived and was always in good health till her last day. She easily got scared of everything and everyone except me. During floor time, she dint like exploring much but would love to jump on my lap and put her head on my arms and sleep. That was her favourite floor time. She never harassed me for anything, not even on her last day when she died eating/ sleeping (reason unknown) while I left for office and mom was alone. She was my mom’s favourite.”

Princy:- “Princy was the one who was the most cooperative and calmest among others. She never tried to scratch or bite me when I gave her a bath. trimmed her nails or even force feed her during her last days. I have never had a tough time with her. I am lucky to have been her slave.”

Sandy:- “Sandy was such a calm and loving piggy. He never fought with anyone. Even when others fought, he stayed away. He enjoyed his own company, never needed anyone. During floor time also, he used to explore everything alone. He has never harassed me for anything. He used to get mad at me for cleaning his poop shoes. He hated it and hated me for torturing him like that but the next minute he used to love me like before. His love was unconditional.”

Prince:- “Prince was my first pet. He lived a happy and full life. He never had any health issues in his 7.2 years with me (he must be around 2-6 months or older when I got him). He was the most active and naughtiest of the gang. He was never a people's pig or a cuddly pig, but last few weeks he never left my side. He loved to sleep on my hand and being pet. Will miss his soft fur, his wheeking, his "stunt" of climbing on the cage begging for food and then slowly and carefully climbing down to eat, the way he always irritated others and fought with them.”

Cupid:- “Cupid was a rebellious piggy and would fight with anyone who challenged him. He lived a long and happy life. I am grateful to him to have given me an opportunity to be his slave.”

It is never easy to say goodbye. Its amazing how such small creatures can make a huge difference in our lives and leave a big hole in our heart when they leave. RIP little ones. Run free, popcorn in paradise, eat the fresh green grass and all the treats! You will always be remembered and loved. Thank you for giving such wonderful years with you. Mommy will miss you a lot :* :*

The post is a little long but I know nobody except you guys will understand. I thank each one of you for always being there for me and my piggies. It is because of guinealynx and you people that I could provide a better home for my babies. You all are such wonderful and caring people.
From the bottom of my heart, thank you guinealynx-ers :*:*

JaneDoe

Post   » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:40 am

I'm sorry.

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:07 am

I'm so very sorry you lost him, Pooja Mehta. Rest in peace, little one.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:24 am

I can tell you loved all your guinea pigs very dearly. It is so hard to lose them. I hope in time that when you think of them, all the wonderful memories are the first thing you recall.

OliCavies

Post   » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:16 pm

Before I say anything, I want to say RIP Cupid. I can see how you feel like those guinea pigs changed your life. If I were you, I would have taken my time to mourn. Once I was ready I would foster or adopt a guinea pig. As I said, I can tell they changed your life. By getting one you will bring joy to a guinea pig and you would have changed a small animal's life. That will bring you joy and the cavy will be more than happy to share their life with you.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:34 am

I am so sorry you lost Cupid. Take comfort that (a) he was in your arms with you when he passed and (b) he is now with all his piggy friends. Reunited never to be parted again. RIP little man, tell all the other critters at the bridge what a wonderful slave and life you had. Run free never aging and have fun with your friends till you meet again. Sending big hugs to you!

mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2022

Post   » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:59 am

What a lovely tribute. I hope you will continue to visit GL even if you may not have more piggies.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:55 am

I'm so sorry you lost Cupid. That's a nice, long life for a pig. And I'm glad you were holding him when he died - for you & for him.

Pooja Mehta

Post   » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:59 pm

Thank you everyone for your support in this difficult time. I will always visit GL to help other people, especially fellow Indians who face a tough time with respect to guinea pig's supplies, medicines, care, etc. I want to be there for them like you'll were always there for me.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:46 pm

I know you will make a difference here. Your local knowledge will be especially helpful to fellow Indians.

lawngnome78

Post   » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:42 am

What a wonderful tribute! Thank you for sharing your stories of all your babies. It's so hard to say goodbye to them but they bring us so much joy in life while they are here!