Should I keep my C&C Cage Loft?

Becks

Post   » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:14 pm

Hi! So, I was just curious if my guinea pig loft is just a waste of space or not in their cage. I have two adult male guinea pigs that get along well. They are currently in a 2x5 C&C Cage with a 1x2 loft. They do use it often but I’m more worried it’s just kinda taking up their space on the bottom floor. What do you guys think?
I took pics to get some opinions on this;

Let me know what you guys think!

P.S. Sorry it looks a mess, I should have taken it when I finished cleaning LOL.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:25 pm

How much space on the bottom is it taking up? Six inches?

I wouldn't worry about it.

Becks

Post   » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:06 pm

Yep! 6 inches exactly, I know it's not much really but I was only worried if they would have room to run around the cage but they do that during floor time anyways. Thank you for your input bpatters makes me feel a bit better! :) ^

Gessika

Post   » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:00 am

If they're using it, I'd say keep it.

JX4

Post   » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:34 pm

We have two lofts in our 2 x 8 grid C&C cage and our pigs love both of them. We use them as hay lofts, so that's where they go to eat their hay. Panda loves hay so much she hangs out in one of them quite a bit. We have six pigs all together, so both lofts are needed if all six want to eat hay at the same time. They use the lofts a lot, and underneath the lofts are like additional hideys. They work great for us. If your pigs are using them, I'd keep them.

Becks

Post   » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:32 am

Thank you guys, I think I may turn mine into a hay loft too that’s a good idea! Maybe I can keep their downstairs more tidy that way LOL