Vet recommendations near SE Michigan?

Tofu

Post   » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:14 am

Hi all, I'm wondering if there's anyone who lives in SE Michigan that has some more recent vet recommendations, as the only one in my area appears to have retired quite some time ago (Lisa Lembke). I live in Ann Arbor and have been to several vet practices over the years, including All Creatures Animal Clinic (current vet) and Animal Kingdom Veterinary Hospital. I've got a pig with some chronic health issues and am hoping to find someone more cavy savvy to get a 2nd opinion from. I'd especially like to know if anyone in the area knows of a vet with experience treating heart issues. Thanks!

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:40 am

Googling "exotic vets ann arbor mich" without the quotes and looking at the vet bios brings up a couple of other sites with exotic vets. Might be worth calling them to see what their experience is.

Tofu

Post   » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:54 am

Thanks, I can google and have read plenty of reviews, none of which I find to be helpful or as trustworthy as info I could get from someone on this forum. My current vet advertises as having experience with exotics too, but I'm not really finding that to be the case, and anything beyond the most common of guinea pig ailments has stumped them.

rjespicer

Post   » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:45 pm

Not from MI and not too hot on the geography but there are a few listed here

https://www.guinealynx.info/records/view ... 6a431d3a98

Unfortunately they dont seem to be that close to you and the list may be out of date as it still lists Lisa Lembke

Sorry I cant be more help.

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:17 am

Country Side in Howell on Grand River is a little more cavy savy, but the one in Hamburg on M36 is also knowledgeable.