Housing makes together -MALES TOGETHER

usi2015

Post   » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:03 pm

Hello!

I have two young males right now, and in the future I would want to get more guineas.

I can't really get another cage, mine is building by hand and pretty big (i have a small apt), so i can't have more in another cage.

I can't have two males (even neutered) with females, so i can only get more males.

Does anyone have any good experience with this? I know its possible, I've seen females and males in cages together for years and it worked out. I couldn't imagine all males not working out.

I really would like tips, feedback from experience, anything.

Thank you!

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:39 am

You need to bump up your imagination skills, because going beyond two males usually does NOT work out, and can cause plenty of injury and grief. We never recommend that people have more than two males in a cage.

We've known a very few people who have managed with whole herds of males, but that's with a BIG cage and a lot of patience.

My advice to you is to enjoy the two you have, and consider more pairs in another cage when you've got more room.

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:23 pm

It varies. I had a herd of six boars (though eventually one had to have a divider and his own space because he wanted to bite his brothers' faces) and right now I have a trio that gets along very well. At neither time did I have any sows. I'd stick to either one neutered boar and some sows or all boars. Boars do need more space, so if you don't have the room, stick to the two you have now.