My guinea pig doesn’t like any cold...

CrazedJoshua

Post   » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:21 pm

Hi! I’m new here, but heard this was a great site to get information about Guinea pigs on. I’ve had guinea pigs for about 5 years now, so I’m not a beginner, so don’t worry about that. I was wondering if anyone else’s guinea pigs have a preferred temperature? My 4 year old male Wyatt HATES if temperatures in his room drop below 75 degrees. He will just spend the day in his hut and not come to greet anybody. Does anyone else have guinea pigs who are like this? My other Guinea pigs don’t seem to mind it until it drops to 65, and then they react like him. I definitely don’t mind finding an excuse to turn up the heat, though!

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:38 pm

I've only heard of skinnies reacting like that. All of mine have been fine with temps in the high 60's.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:24 pm

What kind of bedding do you have? I used to drape fleece over open sided step stools and sometimes they liked to partly go under and drape the fleece over their bodies like a blanket.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:51 pm

Wonder if he has a touch of arthritis that is helped by the warmth.

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:39 am

Since I have the same issues due to a compromised immune system, I totally get it. It also may be arthritis indeed.