Lethal white piggie

Beth+Pigs

Post   » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:59 pm

Hi, I’m hoping there’s some advice offered for the care of lethal white pigs.
Having taken one on a week ago I’m trying to find out as much as I can about people’s experiences with their special pigs.
I have no knowledge of Snowflakes age as she was adandoned in a box alongside a pregnant sow( not a lethal)
I’d never heard of such piggies until my vet asked if I’d look after Snowflake, she’s such a sweetie, my heart breaks for her.
Although she is blind and deaf and has the associated head tilt she is in pretty good shape.
Her teeth aren’t brilliant ( she went for a tooth burr today) but at least she has some and appears to be eating well.
I’ve been told to keep her quarantined for a couple more weeks and can then pair her with a friend for company .
I’d love to hear from anyone else with their own experiences of caring for a lethal white piggie.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:51 pm

Search for the user mildredm, and read about her life with Fairy. There's more info on them at http://www.fairymagic.me/.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:06 pm

MildredM has a description of teeth trimming on one of her topics, in case you want to learn how to do it yourself.

And thanks for taking in this little guinea pig.

RomeAndSmores1

Post   » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:08 pm

i had a similar experience, but i was at a pet store. sadly, they were offering this white lethal BY HIMSELF for FREE. i couldnt take him in at the time, because i was much younger then, but sadly he probably ended up snake food. i greatly appreciate you taking in snowflake.