New Piggie Owner Here!

BenjisMama

Post   » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:01 pm

The boys seem to be getting along better today, as long as they don’t get too close to each other for too long. They did eat some out of the same bowl and same hay pile today...Benji wouldn’t let Vick do anything like that yesterday; he tried to guard the hidey entrances but couldn’t completely as they all have more than one entrance/exit. Such a hormonal little dude.

BenjisMama

Post   » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:30 am

Vick is having more and more trouble with his food; he’s eating much slower than Benji with many pauses between chews, and can’t grab pellets or tear lettuce without great difficulty. I had to hand feed him on Friday quite a bit as he was very grumpy and wouldn’t leave his house at all (Benji wasn’t helping by being a hormonal teenager and chasing him off). After I fed him quite a bit of veggies, pellets and hay, he perked up and has been much better off since, leaving his house more often and standing up to Benji, lol. Also definitely a bit drooly as I’ve noticed his chin Is wet a lot of the time. I suspect malocclusion, which I wish I had researched earlier. :/ The rescue told me he had a history of dental problems, however they said last time he went, the vet said his teeth were “perfect.” But I am taking him to the exotics vet first thing tomorrow so they can evaluate him and come up with a plan. Unfortunately I’ll have to leave him for a few hours as they are squeezing me in.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:57 am

Good idea.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:53 pm

Good luck. Let us know what you find out.