Guinea pig care/abuse question?

GUINEAP1225

Post   » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:33 pm

Okay so basically my science teacher adopted two guinea pigs. One of them ended up being prego (both are girls so the other one she adopted wasn’t the dad) and she had 2 girls and a boy. We waited until they were one week after they were weaned (we separated them before) to find new homes for them. We decided to keep the girls together and find a home for the boy with someone who we knew would neuter him (when he is old enough) and get him a “girlfriend” We have him all figured out and we are keeping in touch with the girl who got him. But we (as in my friend and I who knew we weren’t getting a baby) made a quiz to make sure the wanting to adopt guinea pig mom and dads knew wht they were doing. The girl that got the boy passed with flying colors. But, there were a lot of people who wanted the girls. The day our teacher was doing the drawing for the piggies was a very busy day so we didn’t have time to grade the quizzes until after school. When we got to her class she had already drawn the name and a someone got the girls. But the problem was that she hadn’t even turned her quiz in yet. I texted her and asked her for a picture of her quiz. She sent it to me and I graded it, she got a C- We has agreed that the passing grade would be a B for the guinea pigs safety. I texted her a bit more and she had said tht she looked up a question. So she technically would’ve gotten a D+ She was comparing their care to a hamster and said that she didn’t even do any research (besides looking up the answer she cheated on) I feel bad telling he that she probably isn’t the best gone for the guinea pigs but I don’t want them to suffer. Can someone help me?
Last edited by GUINEAP1225 on Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:35 pm

Educate this person on their proper care if they are allowed to keep them. You can print out a care pamphlet from this site.
www.guinealynx.info/pamphlet.html

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:59 pm

You already have a thread on this topic here:
https://www.guinealynx.info/forums/viewt ... =8&t=77349

Please don't start a new one. You can add any additional questions to that original thread. In the meantime, you have been given good advice to share the GL Care Guide with your teacher and others.