Does anyone know this cage?

lisam

Post   » Sat May 04, 2019 6:47 pm

My adoption policy is a 10.5 square feet cage. Occasionally, if I have an older pair of females, I'll let them go with a Midwest. I have a prospective adopter who bought this cage from Amazon and swears it's bigger than a Midwest. However, I've never seen one in person, so don't know for sure if the dimensions are taken at the bottom of the tray, which is where they should be taken to measure square footage.

So, I thought I'd check here to see if anyone has actually seen this cage in person, and can verify the measurements.

lisam

Post   » Sat May 04, 2019 7:04 pm

Also people all over the Facebook guinea pig groups I belong to are recommending this cage.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sat May 04, 2019 8:01 pm

I've seen something very similar at our local pet store. If it's the one I'm thinking of, it's pretty large (48 x 26 x 20 compared to Midwest Habitat at 47 x 24 x 14), but you do have to take into account the taper of the base at the bottom. I'm just not a huge fan of that style. Definitely not expandable, and you have to take the base off to clean it (probably not a big deal, but I'm used to just reaching in and shoveling out paper bedding).

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Sat May 04, 2019 9:16 pm

What cage is it? I can't see pictures for some reason.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sat May 04, 2019 9:38 pm

It's bigger than it looks here.