Pees A LOT

marlenes mom

Post   » Tue May 14, 2019 3:16 pm

Should I separate them? I am at work but have worried all day. :-/

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Tue May 14, 2019 4:48 pm

Why are you considering separating them? Is she being bullied? Because otherwise, everybody's been thoroughly exposed to whatever she's got, and there's no point in separating now. Besides, the stress of being alone can make a sick pig sicker.

marlenes mom

Post   » Tue May 14, 2019 5:06 pm

All morning Amy was humping Cappi every time she was trying to eat (and rumblestrutting around her). It just started this morning but since Cappi is so skinny, I am worried that will hurt her gaining even more.

My son has fed her veggies since he got home from school and my husband says she seems okay. I've been at work all day.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Tue May 14, 2019 5:53 pm

I'd just watch it for now. Sometimes a sick guinea pig can get picked on, but as long as she can still eat and drink, and is not getting nipped at or caused additional stress, I would leave them be. You can always separate during feeding time if you need to.

marlenes mom

Post   » Tue May 14, 2019 7:54 pm

They are doing fine tonight, eating together right now. I am apparently a worry wart.

Cappi is still at 1lb 9.8oz, not really gaining despite the extra veggies and twice a day hand feeding. I’m gonna take her back in later this week for the bloodwork and perhaps xrays. She seems to be more tired than she has been the past few days. Hard to believe I’ve only had her a week. Sigh.

marlenes mom

Post   » Tue May 14, 2019 10:27 pm

I really think the antibiotic is hurting her stomach. She will eat veggies but not much hay or pellets. I’ve fed her CC twice tonight and gave her Bene-bac an hour after her meds. She’s pretty lethargic. She pooped but it’s a little loose. It’s only been 3.5 days of the meds and her temp is still a little high. Should I consider stopping the meds and taking her in to the dr sooner than Friday?

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Tue May 14, 2019 11:36 pm

Darn. SMZ is usually tolerated fairly well, but there will be the occasional pig who has issues with it. How much CC are you feeding at a time? How is her fluid intake?

I think if it were me, I'd go ahead and take her back in. She doesn't seem to be improving and if you wait until Friday, she could worsen.

marlenes mom

Post   » Wed May 15, 2019 6:52 am

I feed her twice a day, sometimes 3 depending on when I get home. I mix up 2tbsp of CC in water and feed her 15ml at a time. We get about 2/3 of the mixture in her a day.

I woke up in the middle of the night and she was munching on hay and then ate some pellets for a while. She’s not drinking a lot. This morning she was energetic and wheeling for her veggies, she’s eating away at cilantro, peppers and lettuce right now. I plan to top her up with CC too. I think she feels bad for about 2-3 hrs after her antibiotic but then seems ok.

I can’t really get her in today bc of work commitments that I can’t change. :-( She’s still 1lb 9oz this morning (before eating).

marlenes mom

Post   » Wed May 15, 2019 6:57 am

As far as her poos, it’s hard to say. There’s a lot of flattened ones that I’m guessing are hers, but nothing like diarrhea.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Wed May 15, 2019 7:14 am

How much Benebac are you giving her? I wonder if it would help to give it to her an hour before the Baytril instead of after? Might be worth a shot?

marlenes mom

Post   » Wed May 15, 2019 7:23 am

I give it to her once a day an hour after. Is it ok to give it twice a day with the Bactrim?

I gave her the antibiotic this am after she ate a bunch. Planned on giving her the probiotic and some CC before I leave.

marlenes mom

Post   » Wed May 15, 2019 9:21 am

Oh the dose of Bene-bac is just one notch on the syringe.