They aren't eating their pellets

IssaG

Post   » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:24 pm

Awesome. I'm glad you found a pellet they liked. My guineas prefer those as well.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:36 pm

I don't sweat it even a little bit if my boys don't eat pellets. They eat a ton of hay and they eat all of their veggies (about a cup or so daily). They get plenty of fresh grass too. They do nibble on their pellets, but ithey not a part of their main diet. I think they chew on them just enough to help their teeth.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:32 pm

You might find after they don’t have the Garden Select for a while, they might like it because it’s something new. Mine does this all the time. I think I’ve found the hay or treat or pellet that’s her favorite and as soon as I stock up she gets tired of it. At first I was donating supplies to the Humane Society and then I realized if I wait a while, everything old is new again.

CuteGuineas

Post   » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:46 pm

I will try that; changing things up a little now and then could be good idea.

I have noticed in the 2.5 weeks since I brought them home from the animal shelter, they have gradually grown a little more open to trying new things. For example, at first they wouldn't eat any veggies that weren't greens, and they would even sort out some of those, like they wouldn't eat the arugula in the spring mix I fed them. Now they are eating a variety of things in addition to their hay and pellets. They have such funny little personalities, so cute!