Piggy best friends

Jvnxed

Post   » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:48 pm

I have a guinea pig named Bon, and him and i have bonded since day one. my very old guinea pig had passed away and we wanted to get another one to accompany our other boar, snickers. we checked shelters around us and no guinea pigs were there, and there was only one guinea pig in our area, one at petsmart who had been there for two months without finding an owner. we went there and i held him and fed him a carrot i had brought, and immediately we seemed to bond. i brought him home and he was so incredibly lovey to me. back to today, i hold him multiple times a day and he snuggles up underneath my neck and pancakes, and licks my face. does anyone else have a really affectionate piggy? do share!

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:15 pm

You might check Petfinder next time you want to adopt. I don't know how far Boston is from you, but there are several shelters in the metropolitan area that always seem to have a number of guinea pigs available:
https://www.petfinder.com/search/small- ... achusetts/

Jvnxed

Post   » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:03 pm

we did, he was the only guinea pig in our area at all.

JaneDoe

Post   » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:59 am

Also try www.gpan.net . That’s where I found Lightning, my avatar pig.

CleoCharity

Post   » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:42 am

You could also try https://guineapigfinder.com

Jvnxed

Post   » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:18 pm

we checked everything, but the point is we have him now and him and us are happy <3 so are the rest of our boars

rjespicer

Post   » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:04 pm

Are piggies are friendly enough but not that friendly. They aren't so keen on being picked up and snuggling but a couple of them will tolerate being petted and stroked. Our Boar used to get kind of exited when I swept up his cage popcorning and licking and nibbling my hands although he hasn't done that since he got snipped on Tuesday.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:54 pm

It sounds like Bon was meant to be part of your family. Someone must have been giving him attention because guinea pigs aren’t usually that social unless they’ve had a lot of handling. Good to hear he’s fitting in and has a good home.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:40 am

3 out of my 4 boars are very affectionate. It's down to 2 out of the 3 since I lost Scruffy. Mr Bubbles likes to snuggle under my chin. He licks my face and nibbles on my beard. Dean stretches out on me and lays his head down kind of like a dog would. Sammy is a runner, but sometimes he calms down enough to snuggle under my chin or against my arm.

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:05 am

Binky is my furry son, that's what I call him. I had many very affectionate pigs in the past, but he tops them all. He also loved hub to bits.