Problems with fleece?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:18 pm

It would be unusual for all of them to have problems but some detergents can cause issues in humans with hypoallergenic skin.

Do make sure you are using a scent free detergent that would be non-irritating.

daj

Post   » Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:23 am

Yes, I use free & clear or one I make myself from borax, washing soda, laundry booster and some of that powdered oxygen stuff. Do you think Revolution would rule out dust mites at this point? I'm going to start with all fresh/new fabrics at our next change out on Sunday... if I can get a new set of blankets made.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:55 am

Sounds like you are doing your best on the bedding.

Dust mites are everywhere there is dust. I think of them only living on dust and perhaps creating an airborne dustiness that affects the respiratory system but not affecting the skin.

Assuming the Revolution had its full potency and was not "defective" and you are not also seeing signs of a possible fungal infection ( https://www.guinealynx.info/fungus.html ), I would move toward considering this dry skin and find some hypoallergenic creams that might help. Start first with cold pressed coconut oil.

For humans, a product called Cetaphil is useful.

Looking around at Amazon*, here is what I mean by Cold Pressed Coconut oil

This is the Cetaphil I was referring to: Cetaphil Products

I also see products like this that might possibly help. Lots of positive reviews:
Wild Naturals Eczema Psoriasis Cream - for Dry, Irritated Skin, Itch Relief, Dermatitis, Rosacea, and Shingles. Natural 15-in-1 Formula Promotes Healing and Calms Redness, Rash and Itching Fast

This is assuming the Revolution worked and there is no fungal or bacterial infection (and no open sores).

daj

Post   » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:45 pm

It's weird. While on the Revolution, none of them show the crusty spot of dry skin on their backs. On jack, my black piggy, the build up can be almost scab like, it gets so thick. We did a scrape of his build up before starting the Revolution and did a culture for fungus. It came back negative. All 3 have clear skin right now, but they continue to itch. I've been running the air purifier and vacuuming. Today I wondered about a UV light, but haven't looked into it yet. Henry seems to be the worst off. He tucks his head to his underside and lets out groans as he does it. I've also kept him on new bedding the past two days. I will check out the links to the creams. I have been using a cold pressed coconut oil.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:50 pm

Can you send me some current pictures?

daj

Post   » Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:58 pm

OK. It may take a bit. I don't take pictures with a phone, just a regular camera, and my old one is going bad. I have a new one, but I need to learn it. Right now am tearing apart the car engine and need to get it running. they won't show much now though, as their skin is presently clear. I may have some shots of the dead skin build up that comes and goes. If I find good ones, I will send them in the meantime.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:13 pm

Anything you can take that is clear and crisp enough to illustrate the problem will be appreciated. We are hoping you can get this cleared up.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:16 pm

It's puzzling, that's for sure. I'm really stumped as to what else could be causing the itching. Without reading back through, how long have you had them, and how long ago did you first notice this?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:04 pm

Unfortunately, this topic got started and all the real medical info is on Daj medical topic.
https://www.guinealynx.info/forums/viewt ... =2&t=76985

It is likely this question was better put on the medical topic since it is moving to the medical condition.