jumping into arms

xgumbox

Post   » Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:12 am

hello!
i have 4 pigs right now, and my oldest one, bart, always jumps onto my arm when i put it in his cage.
none of my other piggies do this with me, but my other pig chapo jumps onto my chest when he has to use the bathroom when i have him out.
does this mean that me and bart have a closer bond than with my other pigs?

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:36 am

I would say that Bart trusts you a lot. It doesn't mean that the others love you less though: their survival instinct normally always have priority, except for a few daredevils like Bart.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:39 am

Bart sounds like a great guinea pig! It sure does sound like he trust you a lot. Do make sure he is very secure when you lift him out of the cage in case he changes his mind and wants to jump back for a snack ;-)
https://www.guinealynx.info/handling.html

Renonvsparky

Post   » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:42 pm

Mr Bubbles jumps on my hand and arm to get picked up. I've always had to pick him up that way. Some Guinea pigs do that and some don't. Scruffy used to put his front paws on the side of his cage and wait to be picked up. Sammy and Dean run to a particular spot and turn broadside for me to pick them up. They are all individuals with unique characters just like us.

xgumbox

Post   » Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:05 pm

ah that makes me really happy to hear! when he jumps up i usually cup my hand around his backside so that he doesn't fall :~)