Picture taking tips for dark pigs

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Jan 08, 2002 11:06 pm

Vaseline?

kleenmama
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Wed Jan 09, 2002 12:02 am

Piggylass, she is beautiful! And Evangeline, I typed it like it was written on the darn box, so you can just bite me! Plus, I haven´t got my computer set to type in French!
As for the satins, maybe you could try the floodlight like me? Dani is a satin, and she IS hard to photograph...I´ll work on it some.

mon

Post   » Wed Jan 09, 2002 1:15 am

The black pigs are gorgeous. My b/f was just saying that he wants a black pig but with red eyes! Is that possible? He told me he was bored with all of our pigs and wants to get new ones! I had to explain to him they are not toys to be discarded for new ones!

kleenmama
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Wed Jan 09, 2002 11:01 pm

Nope. Black pigs with red eyes is not genetically possible. But you can get a silver solid with dark eyes with a ruby cast. That is about as close as you are gonna get. Or a dark chocolate with ruby eyes. Or a lilac with pink eyes....
Last edited by kleenmama on Thu Jan 10, 2002 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mon

Post   » Thu Jan 10, 2002 5:17 am

A lilac? What do they look like? They sound unusual.

My Angel is a cream and his eyes are black but in certain light they glow red. Is that what is called a ruby cast?

Seansfamily

Post   » Thu Jan 10, 2002 9:11 pm

Mon: Yes.

mon

Post   » Fri Jan 11, 2002 2:41 am

Thanks E for the pics! I wouldn´t mind a lilac myself!

cavytopia

Post   » Fri Jan 11, 2002 11:53 pm

Both of the black piggies are absolutely gorgeous! Very beautiful!

What I want to know is how does everyone who shares their picture here get their piggies to stand still for the photo shoot?! I´m sure it involves bribery and food!

Piggylass

Post   » Sat Jan 12, 2002 5:29 am

Poppy is great, she just sits there and has her pic taken, no bribery needed! Mine are pretty much half and half - roughly 5 of them will just sit there and let me snap away, whilst the other 5 need copious amounts of food and patience!

kleenmama
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Sat Jan 12, 2002 5:20 pm

The older, the better. I find the babies are the hardest, they just want to explore or run for cover. The older ones are either used to it or are terrified to move. Either way, easier to photograph.

Piggylass

Post   » Sat Jan 12, 2002 5:28 pm

Yup, same here. It´s virtually impossible to take pics of my youngest, he just runs all over the place, whereas the older ones just sit there and put up with it.