Sleeping pigs...

LJPiggies

Post   » Sat Jan 12, 2002 7:05 pm

LOL - E that is a very graphic image couldn´t help but picture it. I´ve done the same thing with my Pug Dee-O-Gee as they sometimes stop breathing and he is a very old dog.

Sumerlei

Post   » Sat Jan 12, 2002 7:21 pm

Yeah, Evangeline, that makes sense. That´s why I was a little curious because there are times when they are just spacing out and I´ll pet their head and all of a sudden they jerk and realize I´m petting them, and then they´ll run away! And then there are other times where their eyes are closed, chin resting on the ground, fast asleep.

kleenmama
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Sat Jan 12, 2002 8:48 pm

Ollie has scared me almost to death many times. One of his favorite sleeping positions is on his side, with his leg sticking straight out, eyes closed. I came in one morning and thought he had died and rigor mortis was already setting in. I yelled. Nothing. Opened the cage, nothing. Shook him and he finally snapped to. Scared the heck out of both of us.
It seems my more relaxed pigs close their eyes. Some of my more timid pigs I´ve never caught before.

mon

Post   » Sun Jan 13, 2002 4:30 am

Never have caught any with their eyes closed. But they lie down frequently. I´m sure i wake them up before i catch them. Light sleepers perhaps. LOL E!

ricky

Post   » Mon Jan 14, 2002 6:22 pm

My piggies have a free-range set up in the room that *used* to be my office. My favorite activity upon coming home from work is to stretch out on the floor on my stomach facing my boys and watching them drift off to sleep (after much eating and excitement at fresh food, of course). They lay under the bookcase (about 10" off the ground) or inside one of their wood boxes. They watch me and I watch them and all our eyes blink slower and slower and droop more and more until eventually we all take a nap. Although being a big lazy human I sleep longer than them and wake up to find piggy gymnastics going on around my head and feet.

LynnK

Post   » Mon Jan 14, 2002 7:30 pm

Ricky thats so cute I can just picture them running and jumping all over the place my peanut and chewie do allot of that especially with my neice´s little piggie! Yep my boys sleep with there eyes shut and my Clint is a very deep sleeper he just sacks out anywhere he wants! Clint is in the back that is my Amigo in the front!
Last edited by LynnK on Mon Jan 14, 2002 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ShelbyL

Post   » Tue Jan 22, 2002 12:57 am

I swear, our first pig NEVER slept. But, our second one sleeps all the time. A friend of ours´ pig sleeps quite a bit, too. I haven´t caught our 2 babies sleeping yet ;)