Nifty toy

ladyveg

Post   » Sun Jan 13, 2002 8:00 am

I found two of these plastic cat tents for $3.00 (clearance). The pigs just love them for floor time. Little Richard spent five minutes just whacking the bell with his head. Above you see Spot on about his fourth run-through after I put him down with it. He was going so fast I ended up with a bunch of blurry pictures (not to mention the camera was set wrong). I bet Lynx could figure out a way to make this with cardboard, duct tape, yarn, and tin.
Now, for the PLUG:
Incidentally, Spot was born on 9/8/01 and is still waiting for a home. He is extremely friendly and actually seeks out human attention. How often do you see that? He loves wheeeeeking at other pigs but so far has proved to be a butt-biter so he lives in his own suite. If you live reasonably close to WI and want to adopt Spot, email me at rsincere@hotmail.com.

ladyveg

Post   » Sun Jan 13, 2002 8:01 am

HAHAHA This is funny! Look in the background at Mr. Kitty´s EVIL face! I didn´t notice that before.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Jan 13, 2002 9:42 am

That looks like a great toy! I´ll get out my duct tape and see what I can put together.

I´ve noticed pigs are most drawn to things they can burrow under, run through or hide in. This looks perfect and the hanging bell makes for a bit of excitement.

I´m sure you know already, but if you can jack up the light levels somehow (I sometimes stick things in a sunny spot in a room), the speed increases -- making for sharper pics. Would show off the evil cat look even better.

LJPiggies

Post   » Sun Jan 13, 2002 11:41 am

Ladyveg - are you sure thats a cat? Great toy, as I´m going to the pet store today, will have to look to see if they have or atleast something close.

cmtigger

Post   » Sun Jan 13, 2002 5:04 pm

I´ve tied bells to the top of the cage with pipe cleaners (so they couldn´t chew through them) and the pigs loved them. It wouldn´t be as much fun as the tent to run through, but it is just as noisy!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Jan 13, 2002 7:13 pm

I tried rigging up something using my "mystery" object (pictured on the ezboard) with a towel over it and large dangling jingle bells. They didn´t bite.

I think my pigs were accountants in another life.

lisam

Post   » Sun Jan 13, 2002 8:08 pm

Your Mr. Kitty just cracks me up! Does he always look that sinister?

Jill

Post   » Sun Jan 13, 2002 9:05 pm

HEY, my husband is an accountant! And a fun guy, to boot!

ladyveg

Post   » Sun Jan 13, 2002 9:49 pm

Well, Lisa, since you asked...yes! This is how he looks when he´s sleeping, or just "hanging out," as it were. And he´s just as evil as he looks.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Jan 14, 2002 12:04 am

No kidding! If any can´ts got an evil look, he does.

I am my pigs mom, I have a brother and sister-in-law who are accountants. And another brother and sister-in-law that have run a book keeping service for years. I know accountants can be fun. But I wouldn´t let them know...

mon

Post   » Mon Jan 14, 2002 12:42 am

Definitely one evil looking cat, but all the same quite beautiful. What sort of cat is it? A persian?

I´ve often thought of rigging up some balls for the pigs to play with but I didn´t think they´d go for it. Will have to try it out.