The Relationship Between Pigs and Other Animals

ladyveg

Post   » Sun Jan 13, 2002 8:16 am

I adopted two cats in November. One I had waited for, after telling the rescue I wanted one who had lived in a home with small animals and proved not to be a "mouser." Believe it or not, Sarabi had come into the rescue with just that background. However, Sarabi had apparently made friends with another cat at the rescue during the month she was waiting for me to make transport arrangments, and I adopted them both figuring, what´s one more, right? Then Sarabi will have a cat buddy.

However, Mr. Kitty (I didn´t name him) does like to stick his arm in the gpig cages and bat at them. He´s declawed, but I worry that it will escalate. He seems to be testing his limits. Whenever he does something naughty, all I have to do is say his name and he´ll stop. The problem with him is he doesn´t seem to have an inhibition about biting people. He also has bitten his "best friend" Sarabi quite a few times, leaving little scabs on her head. He bites my feet while I´m sleeping! If he ever bites one of the pigs, I´ll bite him. Check out the pic of Spot playing in the "nifty toy" thread and you´ll see Mr. Kitty eyeing him in the background!

Cara

Post   » Sun Jan 13, 2002 3:35 pm

I have a mini-dachshund that could care less about the pigs. Ben only gets jealous if I´m holding one and not paying attention to him and he whines. I put Sable with him in his bed while I was calling vet and he didn´t move and she snuggled right up to him. Then again he´s not much bigger than the pigs and right down there on their level.

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Mon Jan 14, 2002 11:22 am

LV -
Ooooh, Bf has a cat like that. Onery thing decided to chew my head when I was laying on the couch. He ALWAYS pushes his limits. Bad, bad cat! If you figure out a cure, let us know!

katn77

Post   » Mon Jan 14, 2002 1:22 pm

Cara: I also have a mini dachshund (Remy). He occasionally tries to get the pigs involved in puppy play, but he´s really more interested in eating guinea pig poop. Needless to say, Remy isn´t allowed to give anyone kisses anymore. On the bright side, maybe it´s helping keep the pigs´ cage cleaner?

Cara

Post   » Mon Jan 14, 2002 4:41 pm

Ha, Ben eats poop too but is more interested in eating the pine shavngs, fiber maybe?