Misadventures of Max (and others)

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:49 pm

Neal smells moderately better lately, but his cleanliness is still suspect.

Thanks for the video. Must share!

JaneDoe

Post   » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:40 am

It must be interesting to have three brothers who share so much genetic material yet can be so different.

Are you allowed to lift Neal or Gus?

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:21 am

I can carry them around. They are much calmer than the other two. Neal pretends to hate lap time but he is fine once he's on your lap. Gus, too. He'll fall asleep. It's funny to watch him shift to get more comfortable. He's totally into comfort (although, why he lays on the pigloo, I don't know. Maybe he's also totally into revenge.)

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:08 pm

So Mr. was helping his poor wife out last night cleaning out the pens.

I scooped, he poured in new litter and filled the water bottles.

It was cute to wach him measure out exactly what I told him to put in the pens (he takes instructions like that seriously), arrange the pigloos and talk to the pigs. When I told him to be careful because Gus would eat the plastic bag, Mr. talked to Gus about how he shouldn't do that. Not that Gus really paid any attention. Mr. also talked to Neal about how he shouldn't run away. "You big fool. I just touched you." At one point, Red and Neal wher both in the big pigloo, looking out. Occasionally Neal would look over and be like, "Oh, you're still here...fine, whatever."

I consider it training for when I have Junior in hand and need someone else to do the pens.

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:23 pm

The boys are still being themselves. Fang/Junior is more interested than she used to be, but for now she can only play with her toy guinea pig. I don't trust her not to try to bite the real ones.

I just realized it's been almost three years since Steve passed away. Wow. It doesn't feel that long.

JaneDoe

Post   » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:15 am

Fang. And you say I'm a very strange person :)

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:27 am

What? If the bite-mark fits...

JaneDoe

Post   » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:58 pm

I have recently reconnected with a family friend through Facebook who posted about her "baby," who is now 33 years old. I wrote "he was such a cute baby."

Reminds me of Gopher.

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:16 am

When arranging the fridge for Good Cat's medication, I came across an old bottle of pain meds for Steve. I put it back in there because while it's expired, I just wanted to mull some thoughts for a while before I threw it out.

I miss Steve and Jules. And Max. My current pigs are not nearly so cuddly and snuggly, although they do have their pros. I wish for Junior's sake that we had snugglier pigs. She wants to pet them, but they just run away.

We are status quo. Neal still needs a bath sometimes. Still lurks in the pigloo until he's convinced there's something worth coming out for. Gopher still lies about wanting to eat Red. Red still says he will eat Gopher. Gus just wants to eat.

JaneDoe

Post   » Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:09 am

I felt the same way when I cleaned out the fridge -- found what I think was some Meloxicam -- can't remember for which pig.

This pic of the Pisner quintuplets was in "Newsweek" a couple weeks ago. When they were about a year old they had a pic taken in the bathtub. Here they are now: http://www.newsweek.com/id/201839

Reminds me of the little savages in the cuddle cup.

CavyCastle
Supporter in '10

Post   » Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:08 pm

I just took the whole morning to go back and read all 9 pages. Wow, I knew you were an incredible mommy (of a variety of creatures) and that you told a wonderful tale, but now I am in complete awe. Not to mention your great names!

Thank you for letting a humble padewan learn from the greats.

JaneDoe

Post   » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:43 pm

I forget. Why does Neal need a bath? Because of his personal hygiene?