Do You Want a Piggy Profiles Forum?

So, do you want some kind of profile forum for your pets?

Poll ended at Sun Mar 17, 2002 10:19 am

Yes!! Give us a Piggy Profile or Pig something forum!!
30%
No. Not my cup of tea at all. Just serious stuff. No profiles.
30%
Sure, profiles but stick them in the Cavy Chat forum.
40%
Sure, profiles but stick them in the Behavior forum.
No votes

Total votes: 20

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Jan 16, 2002 10:19 am

Well, it has been suggested we need something similar to a Piggy Profiles forum, so I´ll stick up a poll and you can vote.

If the vote is overwhelmingly for, I would like submissions for a different name -- something with out the "Piggy" in it (more dignified).

And I would be looking for enforcers to move topics to the appropriate forum to keep it clean. I don´t want to do it.

So, feedback welcome -- tell me what you think.

Evangeline

Post   » Wed Jan 16, 2002 11:44 am

Oh please, God, no! Not again!

If you really have to have one, please put it in a separate forum so I don´t have to read them. I don´t deal well with the "ahhhhhhhhhhhhh" and "ohhhhhhhhhhhh" after each post or picture.
Last edited by Evangeline on Wed Jan 16, 2002 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

pigpal

Post   » Wed Jan 16, 2002 1:33 pm

I have mixed feelings on this one.

I´m always interested to learn who members are and what pigs they have, especially since they don´t always keep the same user name from forum to forum. On the otherhand, I don´t want to wade through pages of cutesy baby talk and dozens of pictures of the same pig in different poses just to find out who´s who.

I have enjoyed some of the stories about past pigs, Seansfamily and Precious Pup etc. spring immediately to mind. If there´s no Profile forum I guess those would belong in Cavy Chat?

There is enough space in the member´s user profile to list information such as number, names and type of pigs. Perhaps members could be encouraged to introduce themselves there?

lisam

Post   » Wed Jan 16, 2002 1:51 pm

I like Pigpal´s idea about using the member profile. As she said, that would be a good place to put number of pigs, names, etc. Any longer stories about new pigs could continue to go into Cavy Chat.

I very seldom visited the Piggy Profiles on CG, mainly because of the same reason Evangeline dislikes it. Too much cutesy stuff.

pigpal

Post   » Wed Jan 16, 2002 1:56 pm

It´s a good idea, but it´s not mine! Lynx already set up the user profiles to include it. Take a look at mine, I just put the basics in mine, but there´s room in the additional text box for more info too.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Jan 16, 2002 4:13 pm

Exactly what is a "Frond Fondler", Pigpal? I have to say, it conjures up some pretty wild images.

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Wed Jan 16, 2002 4:28 pm

Do you have a fern fettish?

Teresa

Post   » Wed Jan 16, 2002 4:33 pm

Another forum to ignore . . . Everybody has pigs. They are all cute. Done.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Jan 16, 2002 4:39 pm

I have to admit, I was not reading all the Piggy Profiles on CG. Yes, they´re all cute. And most of us have pigs.

Alfie

Post   » Wed Jan 16, 2002 4:45 pm

I liked reading some people´s profiles at CG but also found a lot of them overwhelmingly awwwwish and so generally ignored that forum. However, some stories (eg SF´s) were great and it would be nice to see them here.

I´m in favour of either (a) going with the simple user profile suggestion or (b) another profile forum with a rule that posts that just say ooooohhhh or ahhhhh are deleted. Oh, yeah, and the phrase "guinea pig bootie" should be banned. Aren´t I a cheery soul?
Last edited by Alfie on Wed Jan 16, 2002 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Peter

Post   » Wed Jan 16, 2002 4:48 pm

I agree with E; some pictures just don´t deserve all the "awws!"

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Jan 16, 2002 4:49 pm

I could make it a post only, no reply forum. I think (but am not positive) that a post could still be edited by the author. Another alternative would be to encourage Seansfamily to write up an opus we could have a link to. I had originally envisioned the forum as a creative outlet vs. these are my pigs, this is what they look like. I think it´s the stories and twist that make them come alive.